Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FX is an 06 and has tubbles in the dash. This beautiful blue baby is new to me, but is still in facory warranty. Here is my question. The local dealer in Dallas looked it up and the dashpad was replaced in December of 2007. The dealer didnt bat an eye and said bring it in and they will fix it again. Here is my question: Has Infiniti improved the materials, or will the new one do the same thing. Face it, Dallas will always be hot and humid and I dont want to replace the dash every couple years.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,054 Posts
Based on the fact that the problem has covered at least 4 model years, I am betting the replacement dashes will eventually do the same thing. The replacement in my old FX35 is still perfect, but it has also only been a little over a year.

My '06 FX45 has a small area forming to the right of the navigation. :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Going in next week to get mine replaced. Anyone have any electrical or fit and finish issues after having the dash replaced?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
i will bubble again. my fx came from dallas (grand prairie). same problem. i asked my parts guy and he said they are all the same (fit finish& material), unfortunately. its gotta be the texas heat. i think the adhesive materials are defective.
fortunately, the price dropped on the dash assembly for those out of warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: in a matter of a couple months, the bubbles multiplied like rabbits. So the new dash is is now in. Installed by Infiniti in Dallas. I even got a new G37 for a loaner (Hot little car but I couldnt wait to get the FX back). The dash fit is perfect. No squeeks or rattles (and there were before). There is a slight difference in the texture and feel of the dash, so it appears to be "new and improved". In the previous dash, you could see a faint outline where the passenger airbag was. This is not detectable in the new dash. I will give it a while and see how things hold up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
ive never had this bubb ling problem...go buy one fo those 10 dollar sun shades for the windshield and put it in the car while you have it parked
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
jbaker1121 said:
ive never had this bubb ling problem...go buy one fo those 10 dollar sun shades for the windshield and put it in the car while you have it parked
Yep. Tried that. And garage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
abcamp said:
Update: in a matter of a couple months, the bubbles multiplied like rabbits. So the new dash is is now in. Installed by Infiniti in Dallas. I even got a new G37 for a loaner (Hot little car but I couldnt wait to get the FX back). The dash fit is perfect. No squeeks or rattles (and there were before). There is a slight difference in the texture and feel of the dash, so it appears to be "new and improved". In the previous dash, you could see a faint outline where the passenger airbag was. This is not detectable in the new dash. I will give it a while and see how things hold up.
abcamp, did infiniti provide you with a receipt for the replacement dash? If so, does it show a part number? I'm trying to verify whether or not infiniti changed the dash material before I order a new dash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
just got my dash replaced as well, this one looks different from the original. Yes, there is no outline for the passenger airbag and even the color looks a little different. its a dark dark gray instead of black for me. part number is (vc10aa.vc101a)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Update: I just went to the dealer today for an oil change and mentioned the bubble on my dash. Even though I am outside of the warranty, they offered to replace it free and they did not need to be persuaded to do so. Seems like Infiniti may be coming to terms with the fact that the dash is defective and should be replaced at any mileage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
They mailed out a notice that the bubbling dash is under an 8 year/unlimited miles warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
i got my notice on the 20th. 8 year unlimited mileage - so pretty much all FX's produced.
i think they're runnin' scared because of threats of lawsuits and the bad Toyota PR with they're recalls. good for us :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
My upper forward dash is cracking from speaker corners to nearby lower dash corners. Do you think they will cover this under this extension? No bubbling though...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,995 Posts
TEX35B16 said:
My upper forward dash is cracking from speaker corners to nearby lower dash corners. Do you think they will cover this under this extension? No bubbling though...
They should... wouldn't hurt to bring it in just to see...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,995 Posts
dislexicFXnaf said:
They mailed out a notice that the bubbling dash is under an 8 year/unlimited miles warranty.
Hey dislexic... do you still have that notice? If so, would it be possible for you to scan it and e-mail it to me or just post it up here so people can print it out and show the dealerships?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Here's the letter. It comes with an addendum sticker to add to your warranty book.[attachment=0:3207uht6]dash-warranty.jpg[/attachment:3207uht6]
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,995 Posts
Thanks for posting it! If anyone didn't get it in the mail, I'd suggest downloading it and keeping a copy JUST in case...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Thanks for this info! I have had dash bubbles, problems with my driver seat, had the CD player fixed 3 times, and my TPMS lights going off randomly, but I still love my 05 FX! :D
 
1 - 20 of 118 Posts
Top