Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the front 5 speakers in the FX. I chose to go with Chameleon seperates. You can see them here.
http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/website ... eleon.html

I chose the CXS62 because they ohm out exactly the same as the stock drivers. 2 ohm on 6.5's and 4 ohm's on the dash drivers.
We capped the tweeters at 11 micro F. The center i used the specially designed driver for the FX45 from Rainbow. Full range. You will notice that the stock tweeters have a 220micro F cap on each.

Audio differences ? WAY brighter for sure, and I like that I used to have the treble at almost max, Imaging is precise now due to the ability of tweeter steering.I am hearing high frequency in recordings I have never heard before...without fatgue So the system bass and treble run flat now......purfect.

In conjunction with my solobaric pounding in the old sub hole and local control I am satisfied and never seem to need to have to push the volume ever over 3/4. http://infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... =solobaric you can see my sub here.I have really turned this system around.

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here you can see from left to right.......Rainbow center channel driver, and the Chameleons.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock drivers..........paper....yuck......

yuck

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mid base drivers stock on right

look at the size difference...weight ? OMG..the stock is featherweight ( neodynium mags)

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Loaded Chameleon

Sitting pretty....

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sweet!!
So you keeping the stock amp I guess. How much were the speakers if you don't mind?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Very nice. Thanks plenty for the pictures!

Do you have any front/rear balancing problems now with the new speakers? and yea, are you using the stock amp? if yes, how's it sound w/ it?

8) 8)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
The stock amp has enough power to push new speakers and they drop in preety easily. I was supprised too at how light the original speakers were. I mean isnt it suppose to be bose, can they be that light?

Jim

·
Registered
123 Posts
:lol:

Bose always uses the cheapest speaker components. I've opened up their home speakers and it's the same story.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speaks

Yes, using stock amp. Has enough power for me in conjunction with my Rockford Fogate sub amp. I have no balance problem. I was carefull to select replacements that are identical impeadance.

The front end is all cleaned up......considering the rear now but the speakers high in the back are a PIA to get out.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
FX4U2C

You said the exact same thing as my car audio shop said when I went to go pick up my car. The rear is a pain, I still hear that from them when I get minor adjustment done.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Did you say anything about pricing and install??I am also an audiophile and will probably do something with mine when I run out of performance mods...Bose is known for that heavy/thick sound.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts