Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheel was damaged. Dealer claims this can be repaired and look as good as new. Anyone had this type of damage repaired? I'm a bit of a sceptic...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
:shock: What happened? OUCH!!

Normally most wheels can be repaired.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
From the looks of it, it's not bent... so it should be an easy fix.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just the finish damaged, happened when the vehicle was on a flat bed on a trip to the dealer. Car was on the flat bed slightly crooked and the metal ring on the tie down strap rubbed against the wheel during the trip.

Gonna take to dealer tomorrow afternoon and see what it will take to repair. Originally thought I would get a new wheel and didn't want a repair option. I'm not paying for the repair, but also don't want to be unrealistic. If it can be repaired an look like new then I'll be satisfied. Although I assume the wheel is going to have to be take off and sent out for repair so I am going to have to drop it off, wait for the repair and then go back to get it put on... don't understand what I do in the mean time... Would be better if they just replaced the wheel and sent the other one out for repair and put it back in stock if it is going to be like new....

Nothings easy...

Gary...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
No doubt it sucks, but it is pretty common place to repair the wheel and it normally is not many days to do, one day and it can be done to a non chrome or polished wheel.

If the dealer is doing it ask them just to give you a used wheel off of a used FX and then repair yours and slap it on the other FX.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Is this on a new vehicle? If so, I would not accept unless they put a new rim on it. They can put the repaired one on one on the lot.
Or repair w/compensation like new SAT for example!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealer didn't damage it, it was the towing company. Towing company is supposed to make things good, but Cross Country (who provides road side assistance) said any delays from the towing company and they will handle, so am forwarding them estimates for the repair or replacement (getting estimates for both and then figure out which route to take).

So, I guess that no one has had any first hand experience with doing a repair like this?

Gary...

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Like me, there are other mobile service type guys who do on-site wheel repair. It may be difficult to coordinate a specific time (hour), however an am or pm drop-off or wait should be available from the mobile guy depending on his route. The quality is not acceptable until you say it is. Don't worry, you'll be satisfied. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PINITI-FX said:
Like me, there are other mobile service type guys who do on-site wheel repair. It may be difficult to coordinate a specific time (hour), however an am or pm drop-off or wait should be available from the mobile guy depending on his route. The quality is not acceptable until you say it is. Don't worry, you'll be satisfied. Hope this helps.
I assumed you'd have to remove the wheel from the vehicle and take off the tire and essentially have to redo the entire wheel. Can't imagine how you could do perfect color matching (don't exactly have a paint reference).

Gary...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts