Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice for removing an ugly a** sticker from the rear end of my 2012 FX50? Goofy dealer 'decaled' their name on my ride. Complete eyesore. :shock:

·
Registered
640 Posts
if it's just a stencil sticker you can just peal it off slowly with you finger nail.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i use wd-40 oil if it is on the window. i would lightly spray sticker.do not let the over spray run down window by holding cloth rag underneath sticker as you spray and begin peeling sticker off the window. spray a little more oil if needed on the back of sticker to help keep it wet until removed. the left over paper from the sticker can be scraped off with a rag due to the wd40 oiliness. clean your windows and trim. done. However, do not use wd40 on stickers on the painted body because wd40 will ruin your paint or/and wax.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sounds like it's the dealer name sticker on the body, not the window/glass sticker. Definitely be careful getting it off the body to avoid scratches. I'd recommend keeping the area clean and wet using warm soapy water during the process. If it's been on there for a while, warming it slowly with a hairdryer might help loosen up the adhesive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips gang. Got it off without any scratches or blemishes. The hairdryer, finger nail and soapy water did the trick.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
You think that's bad.... The Jeep had a 3x2 inch sticker on the rear chrome piece above the license plate - just to let you know there is button to open the rear hatch! Took over an hour to take it off. I can't tell you how many Jeeps I see with the sticker still on!

soapy water solution and either plastic scraper designed for the task or your fingernail. Slowly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts