Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I just put in the "Nav Input while moving mod" (works great). Now what I am trying to do is install the switch into the location where the 4wd/snow, VDC buttons are, it looks like there is room for the 3rd button/switch to go in. What I am having trouble with is the removal of the panel under the steering wheel (where the buttons are, hood release...). I unscrewed 3 screws (one on the left side and two holding some maintenance connector) and the panel is not coming off. Should I just pull it out with force or are there any additional screws that I am missing? Could some one post instructions from the service manual on removal of this panel?

Part two of this question is does anyone know where I could buy those exact identical on/off switches fit perfectly into that spot?

Thanks alot

·
Registered
204 Posts
Here it the text from the service manual. Did you remove the diagnostic (data link) connector?

(K) INSTRUMENT DRIVER LOWER PANEL
1. Remove bolt and screws with power tool.
2. Remove data link connector.
3. Pull to disengage clip and pawl by removing panel in horizontal direction.
4. Disconnect in-vehicle sensor and each electrical parts.
5. Remove the grommet, and remove hood lock cable.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Alex said:
What about the button, do you guys know where to find them?
Can you order a "VDC off" button from your dealer and place some sort of a sticker over the "VDC off" label? Perfect match! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
krzys4 said:
Alex said:
What about the button, do you guys know where to find them?
Can you order a "VDC off" button from your dealer and place some sort of a sticker over the "VDC off" label? Perfect match! :)
I have not tried the dealer yet. I found something on the web which seemed to be the VDC button but it was for $30. :shock: What a rip off when the similar type switch from radio shack is $2. I wondered if someone knew where i could get it for less. I guess ill try the local dealer over the weekend. :? Ill post pics when i get it done!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the VDC switch from local dealer (what a ripp off $30). However its a bit difficult to connect the wire. There are 4 pins sticking out, im not sure which ones to connect to, ive tried several diffrent combinations but the nav is still not responding. Any ideas how to connect the wires and to what pins i should connect it to?

Here is the switch:

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well if you have a multimeter you can figure it out.

You want to find 2 pins that show an open circuit when the switch is off and a short when the switch is active

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Alex said:
I got the VDC switch from local dealer (what a rip off- $30). However its a bit difficult to connect the wire. There are 4 pins sticking out
I hate to tell you this, but I'm 90% sure that's an "E-switch"; it's not a regular switch, but I think it's a switch designed to take power and ground and sit on the chassis system bus. Someone with the service manual can tell you for sure, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.