Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a remote starter on their FX yet? I'd love one, but frankly with all the tech on these FX's it freaks me out what it may cause.

:?:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Since posting that, I have gotten the Viper 791 alarm/remote start installed. I didn't care to get an alarm, but I wanted the visual confirmation on the remote that my FX has started because I can't always see it from my office window, so this was my only choice. It was about 590 installed and works perfectly. The shop had no problems with the installation either.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx for your reply.

do you have the tech pgk on your FX? if so, does it affect the keyless go?

i just called a shop here that my local infiniti dealer recommended and i was not too impressed with this guy on the phone.....now i'm more nervous about letting someone start hackin' away, cuttin wires and splicing.......... :?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have the tech package, didn't interfere with it at all. Intelligent key still works as designed. Only thing that is different is now the seat and steering wheel move into position when you start it with the remote, but no big deal. Sure is nice to get into a warm truck with the seats all nice and toasty :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a remote start installed at the dealer...yes it was pricey but I wanted to be covered by my warranty. So I figured for the extra few dollars I have insurance.. This way if it screws up they are responsible..
Phil

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Absolutely no problems with the tech package. I have installed many, including for a few .org members. As long as you find an installer who is used to working on higher end vehicles you will be ok.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Go for it! I've got a loaded FX and had the Viper 5xx? installed for $325, worth every penny. * COOOOL factor - the Orange LED was dash mounted, it flashes a warm glow bouncing off the headrest, looks like KITI has a pulse. 8)

·
Registered
462 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Go for it! I've got a loaded FX and had the Viper 5xx? installed for $325, worth every penny. * COOOOL factor - the Orange LED was dash mounted, it flashes a warm glow bouncing off the headrest, looks like KITI has a pulse. 8)
Piniti, that is a good price. Does that include remote start and automatic door locks?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Yes. Sorry about that, just checked my records, it was the Viper 560XV Security/Remote & the Terk XM micro "stealth" ant./splitter installed for $375 :oops: the Dash kit was $325, got confused, all the same week.

·
Registered
462 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Yes. Sorry about that, just checked my records, it was the Viper 560XV Security/Remote & the Terk XM micro "stealth" ant./splitter installed for $375 :oops: the Dash kit was $325, got confused, all the same week.
Thanks. I am calling the local viper guy tomorrow. Cant live without my auto door locks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts