Infiniti FX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
johnmax said:
PHANTOM said:
John, is there a way to extend the range on the remote or is that a limitation at the vehicle's range?
To extend the I-key remotes range? Not really. I suggest holding the remote to and under your chin/neck area. Gets you a bit of extra range. Strange but true.
lolz i'll give that a wirl and see what happens. This is off topic but I've noticed that you can start the car with the key fob but you can drive off with the car without the fob in the car and the key light blinking. How is this secure, shouldn't it lock out the shifter? Do you have any tricks to harness the key light to lock out the shifter?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Not really. Its a design of the Ikey system. If you leave the FX with it running and have the key in your pocket, it'll beep at you. Thats your warning.

Probably the safest way they could do it. You wouldnt want it to shut down if it was driven away. If the Ikey malfunctioned while you were driving it and the car couldnt see it anymore for some reason you wouldnt want the FX to shut off. Very unsafe.

·
Registered
198 Posts
johnmax said:
Not really. Its a design of the Ikey system. If you leave the FX with it running and have the key in your pocket, it'll beep at you. Thats your warning.

Probably the safest way they could do it. You wouldnt want it to shut down if it was driven away. If the Ikey malfunctioned while you were driving it and the car couldnt see it anymore for some reason you wouldnt want the FX to shut off. Very unsafe.
you're absolutely correct, rather have someone run off with your car then your car shutting off at the wrong time and dying because of it.

Do you know if there's a way to turn on the rear view camera while driving?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
PHANTOM said:
Do you know if there's a way to turn on the rear view camera while driving?
Yes I have it on mine. Pain in the ass to do with some custom wiring. And its not even worth it- you cant see much. Your bumper and maybe a few feet behind. Worthless while driving. I never use it. I was bored one day and decided to wire it up.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
ufgolf69 said:
John,

Do you know anybody in/around Ohio who can add the remote start you are referring to?

Thanks,

Brant
Sorry I dont.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay, thanks.

Can you give me an idea of what do ask or what to look for so I know if the installer that I am talking to is going to do it the "right" way? Are there certain components that I should make sure they are using, or how should I make sure that they are doing it like you would? Sorry for the vague questions. I would bring it to you but I don't think I have 20 extra hours in the week to make the round trip :D . Thanks for any help you can give.

Brant

·
Registered
198 Posts
From what John told me, all you need is the Fortin CANSL2 bypass module and the codealarm 410 remote start addon for keyless entry vehicles. John, correct me if i'm wrong.

THx.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
PHANTOM said:
From what John told me, all you need is the Fortin CANSL2 bypass module and the codealarm 410 remote start addon for keyless entry vehicles. John, correct me if i'm wrong.

THx.
Yes that is the way to go as long as you want it to work off the I-key remote. You could use a different RS if you want to carry 2 remotes around (more range, but more pocket bulk). The I-key range is pretty good. But you definitely want to make sure they use the CANSL2. Its the only one I use on the FX. Its bulletproof. I've used at least 100 in FXs with no issues.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey guys

I just seen that I have a remote start transponder installed in my 2005 FX!!! (I have this car since 4 months now). However, I don't have any remote starter, but got only the I-Key when i bought the car..

How do I know if I can use the Ikey as a remote starter, or if I need the original remote starter that came with the system when installed? (I don't have any contact with the previous owner)

p.s. there's a SH 433-100 written on the transponder.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Not sure what you mean. You really won't see ANY parts of the remote starter, unless it has an additional aftermarket remote. Are you just talking about the intelligent key itself- cause that doesnt mean you have a remote start.

If you did have one installed, and it were activated by the I-key remote, the usual ways to operate it are lock 2x, lock 3x, or lock-unlock-lock.

ba_i said:
p.s. there's a SH 433-100 written on the transponder.
? you mean on the I-key? A transponder is a very small chip. Clarify what you are calling a transponder.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry I wasnt that clear.. 8)

There is an atenna receiver for a remote starter system installed in the car, however i didnt get any remote for it when I bought the car (the only remote i got is the ikey itself). So I wanted to know if i can use the ikey as a remote for this system. I tried to use 2xlock, 3xlock and lock-unlock-lock but didnt work.

So i guess i have to get an aftermarket remote and make it work with the installed receiver. Or is there any way to activate the ikey to work with this system?

johnmax: Yes I do see the antenna receiver of the remote starter installed on the windshield just behind the rear view mirror. looks like a very ugly job! and there is a "SH 433-100" written on it

thanks for your help guys

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Well that number doesnt ring a bell. Probably the FCC ID anyway...

You need to get behind the dash and find out what remote start is in there. Most likely you will need to get a new remote. The I-key remote isnt gonna be programmable to it. Unless it has an aux input you may be able to take advantage of. But thats unlikely as only a couple models allow that. And even then you won't want to do it that way as you cant program it the way you would need.

Get at the main module and we can go from there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Johnmax, I've read this whole entire thread and I noticed that I need a Fortin CAN-SL2 and the Code alarm 410 but I cannot find the Code alarm 410 anywhere online, I was wondering if they discontinued it or if I'm just not seeing it. My last vehicle was a 2006 WRX and I installed the Viper 5900 SST in it myself and I have got to say it was my first remote start install and was a pain in the ass because I soldered every single wire. Thanks alot

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
It may be discontinued. I havent used one in 6 months.

·
Registered
65 Posts
johnmax said:
It may be discontinued. I havent used one in 6 months.
Hi John,

With the CA-410 being discontinued, what do you currently use for your RS installs?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Ive been using Compustar CS6000. Nice unit. Plus you can add optional remotes to it so you can work off your I-key or use the extended range remotes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wasn't able to locate the CS-6000, but found the CS-600S. Is that the one you recommend?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Whoops thats what I meant. Yup works well.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
johnmax said:
Ive been using Compustar CS6000. Nice unit. Plus you can add optional remotes to it so you can work off your I-key or use the extended range remotes.
I believe this is the one that JM installed in my FX. It works flawlessly and having the option of using both the ikey and included remote is a bonus. Sometimes the ikey range just isn't enough.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts