Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have remote start installed on a 2007 FX with intelligent key? The guy at the dealership where I bought it says they can't do it.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Figures. Where are you located? I do a ton of them :D.

·
Registered
148 Posts
johnmax said:
How are you able to do it with the intelligent key???

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
hotmanali said:
johnmax said:
I've been doing them since the FX came out in 03. Some special wiring and modules are needed. Usually very hard for most guys but easy for me since I've done over 100 of them (probably more i lost count :? ).

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
hotmanali said:
johnmax said:
He employs magic Gremlins... :eating: they can do ANYTHING!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks johnmax, unfortunately I'm in Labrador (Canada). Do you know of anywhere in Quebec or Ontario where I could get it done?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Cant help you there. Maybe some other Canadian FXers can help you out.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I got a remote start via the I-Key on my 2006 done by the dealer when I bought my car. I don't see why your Canadian dealer can't do it. My dealer brought it up and offered it to me when I was purchasing the car.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Let me get this straight, You can program a button on the I-key to remote start the FX? or do you mean install the Ikey in the car to allow a third party alarm to start the FX? I have a 2005, does that work?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
No you add a remote start that works off the commands the I-key sends.

·
Registered
198 Posts
but you need to leave an Ikey inside the vehicle in order for that to work? at leats that's what i'm seeing in the posts for auto starts.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
PHANTOM said:
but you need to leave an Ikey inside the vehicle in order for that to work? at leats that's what i'm seeing in the posts for auto starts.
Not in any of my posts :wink:

No you don't leave an I-key inside. That would be unsafe as someone could easily steal the FX. There is a module that takes care of the transponder bypass- no key required.

·
Registered
13 Posts
With the remote start, will it shut itself off after so many seconds/minutes if you do not enter the vehicle?

Also do you know if doing this mod impacts the warranty? I have an '08 that would definitely want to jack with the warranty.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
MentalJelly said:
With the remote start, will it shut itself off after so many seconds/minutes if you do not enter the vehicle?

Also do you know if doing this mod impacts the warranty? I have an '08 that would definitely want to jack with the warranty.
Run time is selectable depending on the remote start used. I set mine to 20 minutes.

No it does not void any warranties.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I wonder if univisons also does the tv/mod navs......

I didnt see any ref to the fx though tys, did i miss it????

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wasn't there a company you could buy the remote start modules from - KPT or something like that?

I recall they had a number of different modules including one for auto locking of the doors at speed.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Re:

johnmax said:
No you add a remote start that works off the commands the I-key sends.
John, what button do you program on your Ikey for the remote start? The panic button? I went to an alarm installer here, two to be exact and both said there's nothing out there that can read the ikey. He said the only way he can see this work, besides the remote start module which has the transponder module built into it is to use the remote on the alarm. Then i asked if the module has a lead which you can send a positive or negative pulse to initiate the remote start and he said yes. now thinking about it, i can tap into either the window drop down feature or the panic alarm.

Can you provide us to any hints or ways of doing it? Anyone else done this successfully with just a remote start module with the transponder bypass while using the ikey?

Much appreciated!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just got off the phone with another alarm shop, basic way of doing it. remote car starter with transponder bypass, using the ikey, you have the relay in the car which locks the doors hooked into the remote car starter lead which is expecting two or three positive pulses and starts the car. Benefit of that is also the alarm will restart and arm in 30 or 60 seconds (forget the actual countdown) so when the car starts, the vibrations won't trigger the alarm if any of you have added a knock sensor to the factory alarm.....

1 - 20 of 69 Posts