Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone install this on their FX? The local place I went to on my Nissan said they haven't done an FX and not sure how long it will take.....I am thinking of doing myself and getting a kit from Circuit city. Anyone else been down this road? Dealer wants $500 which is ludicrous.....local guy asks $210. The one they did on my Nissan has worked great for yrs and starts car at least 50 yrds if held up to chin (body extension of antenna lol).

Also going to hardwire Valentine One...any guidance? My corvette has an accessory line I tapped into specifically made for adding things...does the FX??

Thanks for any insight!

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Do a search, there are a number of remote start install posts here. I am an install shop manager and have done at least 50 FXen including some for members of this board. You probably don't want to do it yourself. Expect to pay a little more if you have the tech pkg, and be ready to surrender a mechanical key for the transponder bypass. As far as price goes, be ready to spend around $275-$350 to have a reputable shop do it. Alot of these cheapo shops and Circiut City/Best Buy really don't know what theyre doing. Go to someone who is used to working on higher end vehicles.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,

Thanks for your input! Do you recommend going to the dealer and dropping $500??? ( I do not have the technology pckg). A local shop asks $230 but have not done an FX before...they did do my Nissan Sentra with no problems but would hate to try and save $300 and develop a wiring issue.

Thanks for your guidance!

Marc

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Well, if you are comfortable with your shop doing it, it will save you a few bucks. Are there no other shops around?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are other shops around...but I think the problem is finding someone that has worked on an FX b4...does it really matter though if you do not have the tech package???

Thanks John!

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Well, its not too bad. It's kinda similar wiring wise to ugh... a Murano :? .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.