Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent about 30 minutes tonight experimenting with some adhesive foam pads (purchased at Walmart) in strategic locations on the underside of the armrest/center consol. They have really reduced the rattling from the individual armrests (2) as well as the storage lid underneath. These pads are about an 1/8" thick.

I cut the pads and attached under the armrest on the bottom side below the "catch" that snaps and holds the armrests down. This pad forces resistence when snapped therefore not letting it jiggle within the clasp.

I also cut the pads to size an stuck on the "ledge" right below where the storage lid "catch" snaps in. I stacked them 3-high to force resistance when snapped.

You can by the adhesive foam in different colors to better match your interior. The ones I put on the armrest are on the underside of the rest so are not noticable. The ones on the storage "ledge" are only noticable when open and if your looking for it.

I haven't driven and tested extensively , but initial impression is that it cuts down on the majority of the rattles/jiggles/squeaks of these poorly designed and cheap armrests.

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get some tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I put felt on them to quiet the rattling :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: Reducing the rattles in the armrests

FXcellent said:
I haven't driven and tested extensively , but initial impression is that it cuts down on the majority of the rattles/jiggles/squeaks of these poorly designed and cheap armrests.
aaarrrgggh :evil:
dude
so i am just sitting here trying to get some R & R but noo.
you had to bring up the sissy,girly man, jewelry box, rattlenest, 1000 moving parts armrest didnt you. (sorry i ran out of adjetives)
i am tempted to take a shot gun and put this armrest out for good.
but every day as i go out to face the armrest, i must take my medication and be strong, because i know this is a test of my very character, but i will survive, i will survive i will........zzzzzz :(

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Re: Reducing the rattles in the armrests

fxer said:
FXcellent said:
aaarrrgggh :evil:
dude
so i am just sitting here trying to get some R & R but noo.
you had to bring up the sissy,girly man, jewelry box, rattlenest, 1000 moving parts armrest didnt you. (sorry i ran out of adjetives)
i am tempted to take a shot gun and put this armrest out for good.
but every day as i go out to face the armrest, i must take my medication and be strong, because i know this is a test of my very character, but i will survive, i will survive i will........zzzzzz :(
i have the cure for ya, FXER........

please go drive ANY 03 or 04 murano......... there's an armrest for ya........ (youll be happy to have the FX again)

end of murano speak... (i domiss mine still)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts