Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know how or where i can paint my calipers?

Thanks, :roll:

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I used G2 Caliper paint on my Vette. It's a 2 part epoxy system, extremely durable and easy to use. It has been 3 years...looks as good as the day I painted them. I plan on doing the FX soon. Check it out...
http://www.g2usa.com/wheel.shtml

·
Registered
832 Posts
"yah....., definitely G2, definitely G2..." (spoken like Dustin Hoffman in Rainman)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yep, I have black G2 paint that's gonna go over my now painted red calipers soon.

I don't recommend you use high-temp engine spray paint. I used it. It lasts a while but doesn't hold well against those "Tire black" spray products.

Black soon!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the input everyone. I will most likely do red..I just have to find the energy lol.

·
Registered
124 Posts
In my prev Acura CL-S, I used a caliper brake spray paint from the local autoparts store, it ran about $12. Lasted fine for 4 years, looked like I just painted it when I sold the car.

I jacked up the entire side of the car, took off both wheels, wrapped everything else in plastic, garbage bag, used masking tape to cover the parts of the caliper, and sprayed each one alternatively. I think it was 5 minutes dry time between coats, I put on 5 coats. Didn't take long at all, no mess, and worked great!.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I myself have been debating to paint my calipers. I was wondering if G2's gold caliper paint would look with my B16? Sort of the idea of the G35C's Brembos. My 2nd choice would be red. I was thinking of also adding a NISMO decal to each of the front calipers.

For example on my previous IS300 I had Lexus decals.

What does everyone think?

Any feedback would be appreciated. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
infx35 said:
I myself have been debating to paint my calipers. I was wondering if G2's gold caliper paint would look with my B16? Sort of the idea of the G35C's Brembos. My 2nd choice would be red. I was thinking of also adding a NISMO decal to each of the front calipers.

For example on my previous IS300 I had Lexus decals.

What does everyone think?

Any feedback would be appreciated. :)
they look great...
I think that G2's gold paint will look good but red will be better or even black....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I cant see how a decal will stand up to the elements and washings. I guess if they are vinyl and backed with good adhesive....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.