Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2007 AWD FX35, and need some recommendations on what 5/16 Motordyne plenum spacer I need.
I do live in the lovely, snowy cold state of Wisconsin. I have read that some say you need the iso thermal one with the coolant valve in cold conditions. Is this a true need?
Can I just get the G35 & M35 5/16″ Copper Iso Thermal plenum spacer that does not have the valve?

Can someone point me in the right direction...as I am a newbie, and don't want to damage anything by getting the wrong package.
Thanks SO much!

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
I have the same car and similar weather conditions in Canada... Definitely bought the copper iso thermal, but can't remember anything about a valve... I installed it myself, and remember running a line to the throttle body I believe... But I definitely don't manually open and close a valve when the seasons change...

Tried to check my old e-mails to see exactly what I bought but for some reason it doesn't show up anywhere...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same car and similar weather conditions in Canada... Definitely bought the copper iso thermal, but can't remember anything about a valve... I installed it myself, and remember running a line to the throttle body I believe... But I definitely don't manually open and close a valve when the seasons change...

Tried to check my old e-mails to see exactly what I bought but for some reason it doesn't show up anywhere...
OK..thank you for the help and clarification.
That is the one that I read you should purchase. But then others say if you live in a cold climate, you should get the one with the valve for the coolant hose, and open it during winter. I don't feel comfortable cutting into the coolant hose, so wanted to make sure which one was the correct one to purchase.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
I'll check again under the hood tomorrow, but like I said... Installed it myself and don't remember a valve... But now that you mention it, I DO remember people talking about that valve... I'm also 99% sure I didn't cut into any lines... I hate cutting into lines and would probably remember it, but I did this mod about 10 years ago LOL! One of the first mods I did...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check again under the hood tomorrow, but like I said... Installed it myself and don't remember a valve... But now that you mention it, I DO remember people talking about that valve... I'm also 99% sure I didn't cut into any lines... I hate cutting into lines and would probably remember it, but I did this mod about 10 years ago LOL! One of the first mods I did...
Cool...I really appreciate the help.
Did you notice any improvements?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Definite improvement, but you'll need to upgrade the intake as well...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts