Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 FX45 and an old Q45. My problem is this:-
Whenever I push the recirc button on the FX, the aircon starts, and I have to push the temperature UP button to compensate, which is a pain. On the Q, the aircon stays off, and basically the inside temperature of the cars stays the same. Is there a way of turning off this feature on the FX, or is it hardwired into the climate control system. I also can't turn off the A/C and keep it in recirc mode, it just reverts to whatever that other mode is called - maybe "smell the refinery mode". Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
<twitch>

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
the twitch is becuase this is an age old debate of sorts. if you search around on FA, its been hashed to death.

basically, the AC is designed to come on. it is not meant to cool the air in this case, but to condition it since there is no fresh air coming in.

the fact that it feels cold is probably because the air is very mosit when it first kicks in and the AC stripping the moisture from the air is effectively make it _feel_ colder than it is.

some folks hate the fact that the Ac comes on becuase of other reasons like the gas milage and engine response, etc... but its done this way becuase "Auto" mode does whatever it needs to condition the air to be at an ideal temp and humidity. as far as recirc, again its done this way to deliberately keep the air conditioned at an ideal humidity.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the positive feedback. My apologies if it's been hashed to death, but there's so much info on this site, that for a occasional visitor to search for certain topics is really time consuming. It's far more fun to rile the resident technophiles.
Once again all, thanks for the replies. I'll search more actively next time.
JS

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
well, in all fairness to you, i dont think its been talked about here at all (or not much). over at FA it was discussed a number of times on different topics including the FX topic. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.