Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching around and can't seem to find anything concerning adding a hitch and harness to my 03 FX35. I've go the wife's Mountaineer pulling the boat so I really need to outfit my FX to pull as well. Maybe not the boat since it's the sports edition with the 20s but at least a small pop-up camper. Not sure of the capacity of the FX anyway. I'd really like to find a simple T-connector type harness rather than splicing. Just the easier the better. Anyway, can anyone point me to where to find something like this?

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
Easiest/best is the OEM harness but it is useful if you only need a 4 pin connector.

Max tow capacity of the '03 FX is 3,500 pounds. I've towed a little under 2,000 pounds with the FX without issue but you can see in other threads people have pulled in excess of the max rating.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Yeah. That's exactly what I need...the flat 4. I'm thinking the boat is a little too heavy. Guessing about 3500 dry and empty. I'll need to double check...it's an '05 Yamaha 230SX HO. Anyway, that's fine though. The Mountaineer has no problem pulling it. I believe that it's rated at 5500. The pop-up couldn't weigh more than 1000 or so. I did find the factory harness which is over $90! And the receiver is over $350! I was hoping there there is some aftermarket set-up to save a bit. The dang pop-up probably isn't even worth that much.

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
The OEM receiver will cost more than that with installation...it is a bit of a PITA to install. But, the receiver is REALLY nice in that you barely see it when looking at the rear of the FX.

To save money you could always buy a Curt hitch and use the OEM harness.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
GJBenn85 said:
To save money you could always buy a Curt hitch and use the OEM harness.
Isn't there a "Hidden Hitch" model or is that made by Curt? Also, apparently U-Haul has a model that fits the FX... only the OEM is really hidden but needs a slight trim to fit...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts