Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
RECALLS

I'd read there is a recall #05V555000 regarding the fuel filler hose.
It is for models built 7/31/2002-8/30/2005
Check with a dealer to make sure the repair parts were to be available as of 2/13/05

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Re: RECALLS

DRIVES2FAST said:
... available as of 2/13/05
2/13/06, right?

·
Registered
361 Posts
2/13/06 is today- are we suppose to get a letter in the mail about the recall?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re: RECALLS

DRIVES2FAST said:
I'd read there is a recall #05V555000 regarding the fuel filler hose.
It is for models built 7/31/2002-8/30/2005
Check with a dealer to make sure the repair parts were to be available as of 2/13/05
Does anyone have any update regarding this recall yet?

The info listed on Infinitihelp.com hasn't been updated in over a year...

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
thanks for the update

·
Registered
176 Posts
metalhead115 said:
so this doesnt apply to MY2005 fx35?
I believe you're ok (not affected by this recall) since it doesn't list 05 FX35's (it lists 2003-2004 FX35's and 2003-2006 FX45's, no mention of 2005/2006 FX35's).

Check the section titled 'Applied VINs'; is your VIN listed?

And to be sure, you can always call Infiniti (the number is listed at the bottom of the recall notice)...or wait and see if you get a recall notice in the mail :lol:

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
i have an 03 nissan 350Z touring 6-spd. got a letter last week from nissan regarding this fuel filler hose recall. taking my car in next week to have stuff replaced....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why does it say "voluntary recall"? Does that mean we won't get a letter? Still sounds important to me and my VIN falls in there so I guess I gotta take the darned thing in...

Thank you for posting!

someone hit and ran me in the parking lot on my BIRTHDAY two weeks ago too so I have to take it to the body shop for $900 of damage... looks like I won't have my car for quite sometime now. Sigh...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow, that is a VERY big job simply to replace four (4) hoses. Gotta respect those technicians for all they get involved with...

Note: If you are involved with the recall, do yourself (and the techs) a favor and take the vehicle in with less than 1/4 tank of gas!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I dropped it off this morning for an oil change, tire rotation and to fix a squealing noise (belt). The service advisor told me there's a recall on the FX so I left it with them because it would take 4+ hrs.

BTW, I just got a call from the dealership about the squealing belts... he said that I need to replace the belts and that it costs ~$150 (Not covered under warranty because it's normal wear & tear). REPLACE MY BELTS?? NORMAL WEAR? I have 18,000 miles on the car! WTF?!

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
bringing my 350Z into the dealer monday to get this fuel filler hose recall done. i totally forgot about the 1/4 tank thing and filled up my tank the other day. now i need to kill my tank before monday. :( what a waste of gas.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts