Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Recalls even include folks like me who are now very much out of any factory warranty coverage, right?

·
Registered
117 Posts
That is correct. In a recall it does not matter if you are still within the factory warranty or not.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I just called Infiniti about this. I wanted to know what part of the spec(s) they actually failed to meet. I also wanted to know what changes were being made to the headlight/taillight assemblies.

It looks like this might only effect the 2007's. This is the reason they have been held up in port. The lady I spoke with didn't see this recall listed for my VIN, and was surprised that NHTSA was showing it as a 2003-2006 problem.

She has opened a file for my inquiry and will be getting back to me about it. Obviously, I will post whatever she tells me.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Wasn't it 2006 models that were held up in port (thats why some here trying to buy had to wait).

If they were released, and someone here has one of those, maybe we could compare head/tail lights?

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
i think the reason with the headlight and taillight not meeting requirements is because we dont have any side turning signals on either side of the car. the front and rear turning signals are projected forward. so there is no way for people next to us knowing that we're turning or changing lanes. to fix this problem...alot of manufaturers of turning signals on the mirrors or a tiny side marker signal on the side panel. that's my guess for the recall.....it would be nice if we can all get turning signals on our mirrors. hahaha

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Since I got my fx 3 months ago, I really hope these replacement headlamps and taillamps aren't refurbished / recycled parts.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
This is for Canadian vehicles only. Apparently, it shows up in the US database from NHTSA because the cars are imported to the US, and then shipped to Canada. According to the lady at Infiniti who called me back, this is not for any US spec cars. I think they held them at the port because they are just changing all of them from here on out.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Did she happen to mention what the problem was?

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
No I couldn't get her to explain the actual problem. I'm guessing she didn't have access to that information. But she was pretty confident that it doesn't effect US spec cars.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Yeah she said mine is included in the seat belt anchor recall, but I just haven't seen the letter yet.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
hey andy...

so the lady guarantees that it'll be safe to go ahead and do angel eye mod? the recall only applies to canadian and wont affect US in the future?

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Where did you read the word guarantee? I looked over my posts again and I swear I don't see it in there... :wink:

·
Registered
105 Posts
bcheng4jc said:
so there is no way for people next to us knowing that we're turning or changing lanes. hahaha
But I thought that is why they added the lane departure system in the newer vehicles... :lol: :D :lol: :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got my 15k service done today in Atlanta. For what it is worth, they did the seat belt anchor recall, but hadn't heard anything about a recall related to the lights.

·
Registered
241 Posts
rookie said:
I thought there was also a seat belt anchor recall for the 06s.
I just got the recall notice for the seat belt anchor on my 05.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just purchased my 05 (off lease) from a dealer in Chicago. It only has 8000 miles on it so I doubt it has been in for any dealer service.
How does Infiniti know I now own her?
How do I find out if mine is subject to the recall?

Mercedes has a web-site which I registered on and tagged myself to it when I bought my SLK... they then knew about me and I receive all correspondance.
Does Infiniti have anything like that? How do I let them know I now own her?

Sorry for all the dumb questions...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry for the Dbl-post

21 - 40 of 86 Posts