Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesn't that just figure? 5 days before the install at MGFRs place I noticed my rear wiper is screwed up! I walk behind FX while my garage door is opening this morning and I noticed the rear wiper pointing down, like a tail or something. Does anyone know anything about how the arm is mechanically attached to the rear window? It's almost as if someone tryed unsuccessfully to "pop' it off. There is play (both in and out wise as well as left and right) on the rubber mount cover and arm; but I have wiggled it around and can feel no gears or pin or friction- in a particular spot -that would lead me to believe I could easily push it back into place. HELP!!! Any shop manual Pics? Or suggestions?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Search on FA. I remember someone having this a while back and a fix was posted.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks- The motor and shaft work. Its almost as if it is stripped or popped out.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
IIRC, it's a simple fix- the nut just has to be retightened. It's a "soft-threaded" spindle (so you don't break anything if the wiper gets obstructed) so the tightness of the nut is crucial.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Here you go:

Remove the cover(#5) and then tighten the nut(#6)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks- I think I'll just tape it to rear windshield and let "the MGFR group" take a look. I couldn't find anything that appeared to be easily accessable with normal tools.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
e39ng- Thanks a bunch for the diagram. you must have sent it as I was composing my previous post. Does the cover just pry off?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yes....very easy to take off...just pry it out. I have the same thing happened to me before.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
e39ng- Thanks again. I'm always a little worried about prying anything off. With my luck- it will break something else on backorder for 6 months.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yup, we can take a look at it. I'll be going by my delaer tomorrow as well (only ~ 5 mins away if we really screw up :wink: ) and will ask about it as well.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Already done

I was going to wait but it was irritating me something fierce. Did the deal and looks and works fine. Thanks for the offer. After the diagram and vote of confidence, it was a piece a cake.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Good to hear! 8)

·
Registered
30 Posts
i know this is way back in 04 but for anyone else: there is a small gold wrench next to the jack that works perfect for the nut, just found it a few months ago. I always have to use it :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts