Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove by an FX today with a rear-mounted snowboard rack. Did a quick search here, but couldn't find any information on one. With all of the talk about lowering and all of the sweet pics of successful rail-ectomies... I've been thinking about taking the plunge - but I'm going to need the FX to take me snowboarding in the winter so I've held back. If there is a good tow-hitch mounted rack, I might be persuaded, though!

Anybody have any information on this - pictures?

Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks... this was exactly what I was looking for - though it looks different than the one I saw. I'm going to go do a "drive-by" at lunch and see what brand it was - I'll post later!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I think you would like the SoftRide one better than the others, cheaper, great craftmanship/strength, nice design to drop down versus the swing arms, and looks very good...IMHO.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
GreyFoX said:
Drove by an FX today with a rear-mounted snowboard rack. Did a quick search here, but couldn't find any information on one. With all of the talk about lowering and all of the sweet pics of successful rail-ectomies... I've been thinking about taking the plunge - but I'm going to need the FX to take me snowboarding in the winter so I've held back. If there is a good tow-hitch mounted rack, I might be persuaded, though!

Anybody have any information on this - pictures?

Thanks!
Lowered & Rail-Less, huh! :lol: :shock: :D 8) You'll be in good ...errr GREAT company! :wink:

·
Registered
527 Posts
GreyFoX said:
Many thanks... this was exactly what I was looking for - though it looks different than the one I saw. I'm going to go do a "drive-by" at lunch and see what brand it was - I'll post later!
What brand was it? Got any pics?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry - the car was gone - but it was in the company parking lot, so I'll keep my eyes open

·
Registered
527 Posts
take it you don't like the softride version?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually, I really do like the LOOK and the IDEA of the softride version... especially since I could shave the rails... its just the $$$ that has me concerned... so far, I figure it like this:
Rack: $269 (Useless alone since I really don't ride my bike anywhere but the beach, and I live there already)
Snowboard Attachment: $199
Tow Hitch: $200 (Uhaul - cheap & ugly IMO) - $750 (OEM installed)

Total = $670 - $1220
(Yikes!)

·
Registered
527 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah... I think the hidden hitch looks good - and it's ~$200 less than the OEM one... but the problem is still the installation costs. I don't know how uHaul offers their for so cheap (actually I shudder to think of how) - but I couldn't find an infiniti dealer that would do install for less than $400. They all say it is a solid 4 hour job and a huge PITA. If I had some way of torquing to 250 ft-lbs (like the instructions say for some of the bolts)... I'd be tempted to try it myself.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Gotta call Bullsh*t on the 4 hr job that your dealer is telling you. Its max 1.5 hrs as I told Grubbs to install one before I left Austin and they had it ready by the time I got there. They are milking the install price imo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.