Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning on my way to work I was in a 40-mph zone and tooling along in the right lane. I was in Paradise Valley, and anyone familiar with the area (specifically Lincoln) knows there are quite often SUVs on the side of the road taking pictures of speeders, so I don't speed there.

A young kid in a little Neon pulls out RIGHT in front of me and I have to hit my brakes in order to not hit him.

I use the left lane to get around him and get back in front of him in the right lane. Traffic in front of me slows as there is a car turning, so I have to hit my brakes. The kid behind me doesn't slow fast enough and drives right into me. :( :evil:

His car was pretty damaged and it appeared he busted the radiator as he was leaking fluid. The FX has a couple scratches on it, but it doesn't look like it actually even dented the bumper. He did, however, hit the driver side exhaust tip, which is now scratched and tweaked a little to the left.

I took a few pics, but haven't pulled them off the camera yet, but I can't believe I got rear-ended after only having my FX a little over a month! :evil:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
it should be illegal for teenagers to drive. driving age should be 21 and the drinking age should be 18 :p

i was hit by teenager in my G35 which was 3-4 months old and it was about 75% of the way to being totalled, but not. i feel your pain.

good luck with getting this settled.

·
Registered
520 Posts
hopefully it is only minor damage and you arent hurt...regarding the teenagers driving I know one of my friends(Im 17) that are one of the most alert and cautious drivers Ive ever seen. Im a different story I dont think I can go slow in my FX. so when you generalize a statement like that about teenagers just remember that there are some that are alert and trying not to kill everyone else. :D

Jay

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
carsunltd32 said:
hopefully it is only minor damage and you arent hurt...regarding the teenagers driving I know one of my friends(Im 17) that are one of the most alert and cautious drivers Ive ever seen. Im a different story I dont think I can go slow in my FX. so when you generalize a statement like that about teenagers just remember that there are some that are alert and trying not to kill everyone else. :D

Jay
not all teenagers are bad drivers, but statistically, they have more accidents (and even deaths) than other age demographic. we just need more guys like you and your buddy who know their limits driving and pay attention 8)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Angela said:
... anyone familiar with the area (specifically Lincoln) knows there are quite often SUVs on the side of the road taking pictures of speeders
Hold on- are these police cars, or idiot busybodies with nothing else to do?!

I feel your pain; I was rear-ended about 6 weeks ago.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
if it is busybodies, then i wonder if its the some ones that tell me to slow down in the neighborhood when im going the speed limit, yet park their earth destroyer Yukon Denali XXXL right on the edge of the intersection blocking the handicap ramp so i cant even see what traffic coming anyhow :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Angela said:
Yesterday morning on my way to work I was in a 40-mph zone and tooling along in the right lane. I was in Paradise Valley, and anyone familiar with the area (specifically Lincoln) knows there are quite often SUVs on the side of the road taking pictures of speeders, so I don't speed there.

A young kid in a little Neon pulls out RIGHT in front of me and I have to hit my brakes in order to not hit him.

I use the left lane to get around him and get back in front of him in the right lane. Traffic in front of me slows as there is a car turning, so I have to hit my brakes. The kid behind me doesn't slow fast enough and drives right into me. :( :evil:

His car was pretty damaged and it appeared he busted the radiator as he was leaking fluid. The FX has a couple scratches on it, but it doesn't look like it actually even dented the bumper. He did, however, hit the driver side exhaust tip, which is now scratched and tweaked a little to the left.

I took a few pics, but haven't pulled them off the camera yet, but I can't believe I got rear-ended after only having my FX a little over a month! :evil:
Very sorry, Angela.
Another testimony to the integrity of these cars, however.
One of the safest cars on the road.
I hope your damage report remains minimal, it will be easily fixed, and you're OK -

·
Registered
527 Posts
On a serious note...Angela sorry about the accident. When you get a chance post an update and any pics of the damage. It should all work out...hope to see the FX at the meet :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone. Most importantly, I am not hurt. My neck is a little stiff and I still have a minor headache, but I did go to my doctor today and she says I should be fine. That's good anyway.

I feel everyone else's pain who has been through this as well; no fun. :(

And they are cops that are taking your picture, not busy-bodies! :lol:

The Paradise Valley and Scottsdale PDs have Suburbans they park on the side of the road and take pictures of speeders driving by.

I still haven't pulled the pics off the camera, but the damage does seem very minor - I'll get a formal estimate soon and post an update when I do.

Thanks again for the concern and well-wishes everyone; I'm just glad I have a place to come vent about it! :cry:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
fx45copper said:
Thank god for the anvil behind the plastic bumper :p
Word!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.