Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
****, ****, ****!

I'm on my way to brunch at I Cuginos in Santa Monica (nice place, for us SoCal FXers looking for a nice Sunday brunch). I'm on the 10W, getting off at the 4th/5th street exit and traffic is stopped well down the off-ramp, when I see this car coming up ... and up ... and BAM!

Sh!t sh!t sh!t!

So, I get out, and at first I'm relieved: my car, which I thought would be mangled, has a small scratch in the rear bumper, but my tailpipes have been pushed back. But for those who wonder how strong the FX' rear is, check out her car!

Now I'm in Santa Monica, where there's folks with lots of money, but whom do I get hit by? Some sistagurl with NO insurance (not even liability- she had let the "drive off the lot" insurance, and that had expired). But I got everything from her- name, address, driver's license number, VIN number, place she got the car from, blood type, ... so I'll relay that all to my insurance company (I have uninsured-driver) and finally get some value for that expensive-ass insurance I pay for!

I looked underneath later on (didn't want to lose my reservation, ya know!) and it looks as if I only have damage in the rear "mufflervator", and the flange is damaged, so it sounds like a '73 Trans Am right now.

More later, as it progresses.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Man Our Fx can really take a hit :eek:. I hope she is alright :cry: . did you get hurt? Was any air bag deployed? How fast was she going? What kind of car was driving? I can't tell from the picture. When did it happen? I was at 3rd street promenard shopping with my wife on Sunday after noon about 3 pm. I hope your insurance company sue the s#@$ out of her :twisted:. My friend was also in that situation a few week ago on Olympics an Bundy when a BMW motocycle hit her from behind during traffic. It was 20 yrs. kid who work for SAG and paid cash for a brand new BMW bike and guess what...no insurance!!!. So my friend insurance is going after him. Let us know more and how much the cost of repair.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MadFX said:
Man! Our FX can really take a hit :eek:.
Yeah- I was surprised how little cosmetic damage there was!

I hope she is all right
Hrmph. Only because my **** car's not seriously damaged! :evil:

Did you get hurt?
Only in my heart!

Was any air bag deployed?
No, not even hers.

How fast was she going?
Well, we felt the "bang", but I think the active headrests saved our sacroiliacs. (Had it been a Mercedes, "Oh, my neeeeeeck!" ... Oh, OK- not really- I don't believe in trying to get over on folks). Neck injuries take a little while to show up, though, but I suspect we'll be OK.

What kind of car was driving?
2002 Mitsubishi Lancer. She'd just gotten it, and now it's wrecked to **** (it was leaking coolant), she ain't got no money, and once my insurance company gets thru with her I suspect she'll have even less.

When did it happen? I was at 3rd street Promenade shopping with my wife on Sunday afternoon about 3 pm.
A little before 12:30pm. We were right near there (1501 Ocean) at three- we ate like pigs (****, that's a nice buffet!) and didn't get out of there 'till then.

I hope your insurance company sues the s#@$ out of her :twisted:.
Yeah, we'll see. My current GF's in insurance, she said I'm all set. (Hey- are there any exhaust upgrades that work for the '45 yet?)

Let us know more and how much the cost of repair.
Oh, but of course! That's what this forum is for!

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Tough one, Kenny.
These cars are something as far as holding up in a crash. There's hardly a mark on yours. (at least that we can see in the picture)
I hope it all works out in your favor and you can "extract" some money out of her.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
sorry dude. that really sucks.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
It is a bummer,but no one is hurt and there is a reason why we pay all those $ for insurance,so I hope for the rest of us that they come through.The Phoenix rises out of the ashes

Did not hurt your appetite,keeping those priorities straight :roll:

There are some 35 exhausts that can be made to fit(from the G or Z,need a short extention).Pay attention to diameter,you lose and gain big when It is right or wrong.A couple I have read about make no sense,but also no performance claims either.
Save weight and maybe 5-10hp plus better sound. 45's love to breath

·
Premium Member
256 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Glad to hear nobody got hurt...car parts can be replaced.
It looks like your FX came out of it well, considering all of the damage to her car.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
geez.....none of us is having any luck this weekend :(

hopefully the impact did not shove crap into the drive train.

better to have a bumper repainted than a door IMO too....good luck.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
The ORG rash of bad luck continues... sorry to hear Kenny.

If you're not going back to the dealer let me know, I found a recommended muffler shop in El Monte (@ the 605 and 10) where I'm planning to do my exhaust work later this week or early next week, we can get our cars done together...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident...that alway sucks!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
oh btw......was she hot? :lol:

you could make a deal on the side for some of the damages if you know what i mean :p

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sorry to hear that....

By looking at both pics, I remembered that's look exactly the same as mine being rear ended last December. My tailpipe got pushed back, very minor bumper damage....the car that hit me (it's an Accord) looked the same as the Mitsu here...

Of course I dont have to pay a dime but I checked the invoice, it was a close to $3000 damage...muffler, midpipe, bumper......

BTW I KNOW what yours sound like now.... :eek:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bradical said:
oh btw......was she hot? :lol:
Heh. Bit of a hoodrat actually, but:

you could make a deal on the side for some of the damages if you know what i mean :p
... I'm still a guy- don't think I didn't think about it!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Make sure that the Fx is completely checked out.
My mom's last car Lexus Gs300 she backed into a concrete pillar. Bumper scraped.
Took it in for an estimate turns out frame was pushed in in a spot.

Be weary.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gtpaul said:
Make sure that the FX is completely checked out.
Oh, no doubt! I'm going to have it checked by two different places.

·
Registered
779 Posts
That Mitsubishi looks really bad... FX does not seem to be hurt although as previously stated I would run multiple checks on it. BTW, sorry to hear about the crash...

·
Registered
597 Posts
" I don't believe in trying to get over on folks. "

To borrow from the one and only Gloria Allred - you seek what you're entitled to by law :oops: . On a serious note, has SoCal now become FX-wreck-central ? WTF ? I was under the impression that Boston had the lock on the number of moron drivers :roll: . Have your dealer put the vehicle up on a lift. If anybody is gonna know what they're looking at, it would be them. BTW, don't fall for the I-ain't-got-nutin bullshit. What business is she having driving an '02 import then ? Feel for ya :( .

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you seek what you're entitled to by law
OK, true- but if my back/neck doesn't start hurting, and my car is fixed to my (exacting- y'all oughta know this by now!) satisfaction, then I figure justice has been served.

I was under the impression that Boston had the lock on the number of moron drivers
Sheeeeeeeeeeeit. Boston drivers, IMO, are fast, efficient drivers who have a sense of "get-where-they're-fscking-going"; I hated New England, but I sure miss the drivers. On the other hand, slow-assed Cali folks are the remedial class of drivers (and certainly as a whole the most clueless of any of the states I've lived in). I've been cursing these fsckers since THE DAY I got off the plane here 6 years ago. Anybody who doubts there's regional differences between drivers hasn't traveled that much.

Have your dealer put the vehicle up on a lift.
Of course, of course. This is a given.

BTW, don't fall for the I-ain't-got-nutin bullshit. What business is she having driving an '02 import then?
Yer kiddin, right? You're not from here, but that plate is from one of those "any car, any credit" dealers (and "nobody" drives domestics here in CA unless it's something like the new 300C). Her temp registration showed she'd put down $500 to drive it off the lot, she's probably underwater in her loan (especially now that it's wrecked) and has a 60-month loan on the thing. Besides, what do I care? My insurance company's paying for everything (no deductible, either), and they'll come after her, one way or another. Not my problem.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.