Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a problem with the rear armrest folding down too far?
Mine folds down to a horizontal position, but will not stay there when just minimal weight is brought to bear on it. (The weight of an arm persay) It then continues the rest of the way to the seat.
Little doubt it received some abuse before I got it, but thought I would ask if this has happened to others. (possibly a defect?)
I'm getting an estimate from an Infiniti dealer in Madison, Wi. tomorrow on repair or replacement.
I also found a TSB on the door sash moldings (before I bought the car) fading and am driving to Madison (5-6hrs) this coming Friday to have them replaced.
Figured I'd have the armrest issue addressed at the same time depending on the cost. After all-----I don't use it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I always thought if you reclined the seats a little more then the armrest would level out.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just thought I'd report that Zimbrick Infiniti of Madison is going to replace the whole arm rest for nothing. Given that something must have damaged it before I got it, I was quite surprised. I drove down and back yesterday to have the door moldings replaced.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These moldings are the exterior black, curved peices around the top of the front and back doors.

I found a TSB speaking of a problem with these trim peices fading. When I got my car delivered up here, I noticed I fit the description. Mine were fading from black to an almost whitish color. Like light white waterspots. I believe it's only for the 2003 model. (Not positive) I notice yours is a 2004. I called about it and --no problem, Infiniti replaced them. However, if yours start to fade, it might be worth a look into.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts