Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what controls the air coming out of the rear vents.

Is each side tied to the respective side in the dual AC in the front? Are they tied to the center vents (vertically I mean, not the defrost ones)?

TIA

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
That's a good question (and I don't have my service manual on me), but I'd like to know that, too. One day, I might actually have someone back there!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually called Infiniti and they couldn't tell me :roll:

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
First: Turn the vents to top vents only (or face only)

Second: Close off the vents by the front windows.

Third: Feel for air coming out

Fourth: Full blast only if you close all four front vents.

Fifth: Yes, this is stupid :roll:

Sixth: Mostly for show I guess

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I experimented last night and here's what I found:
1. I turned the AC to face vents only and that seems to be what controls the rear vents.
2. I turned the passenger side to 90 and the driver to 60. The rear vents just seemed to blow cool air, neither warm nor reall cold.
3. Opposite, driver 90 and passenger 60. Same result in the back, no real temperature difference.

I guess the vents are somehow tied to the ducts that blow the face air, but it seems that the air either warms up or cools down on the way back and doesn't really do much.

Can anyone see in the tech manual the ducts connection?

TIA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.