Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been having an issue with the ABS, VDC, Slip, AWD and lane warning lights pop on randomly, and then once I turn the car off and restart it, once I start moving they go away, sometimes for days, and then sometimes for minutes. No codes relating to ABS sensor except for it getting a signal disruption, but because its intermittent seems as tho it can't determine which one.

Long story short I decided, what the ****, just try to pull them and clean them, worst it could do is nothing. However, I go to pull the rear sensors to clean, and they wont pull out. It almost seems as tho they are spring loaded in there, I can pry them away a little with a flat head screw driver bu t the second I move the screw driver away the sensor gets "pulled" right back in...

What am I doing wrong, any ABS sensor Ive done before has just popped right out. Albeit, somewhat corroded from time to time but just pulled out none the less...

Please help

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a 2004 FX35, and I thought my wheel sensors seems like it can be mounted to some other locations in my engine..

See if you can get a visual confirmation from a part order catalog for the year and FX model of your vehicle..

These universal speed sensors generally looks like a half bitten black, plastic dowels lengthwise, -and secured in its hole by a 10 mm bolt..

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I've been having an issue with the ABS, VDC, Slip, AWD and lane warning lights pop on randomly, and then once I turn the car off and restart it, once I start moving they go away, sometimes for days, and then sometimes for minutes. No codes relating to ABS sensor except for it getting a signal disruption, but because its intermittent seems as tho it can't determine which one.

Long story short I decided, what the ****, just try to pull them and clean them, worst it could do is nothing. However, I go to pull the rear sensors to clean, and they wont pull out. It almost seems as tho they are spring loaded in there, I can pry them away a little with a flat head screw driver bu t the second I move the screw driver away the sensor gets "pulled" right back in...

What am I doing wrong, any ABS sensor Ive done before has just popped right out. Albeit, somewhat corroded from time to time but just pulled out none the less...

Please help
The sensor usually is seized in the hub or whatever area it is mounted. I think there is a trick to getting them out but can't recall. I'd say if you have a torch or MAP gas heat the **** out of the area around the sensor without melting/damaging the sensor and it should come out.

I got a 2004 FX35, and I thought my wheel sensors seems like it can be mounted to some other locations in my engine..

See if you can get a visual confirmation from a part order catalog for the year and FX model of your vehicle..

These universal speed sensors generally looks like a half bitten black, plastic dowels lengthwise, -and secured in its hole by a 10 mm bolt..
The ABS/speed sensors are always on the hub from all my experience. It is a magnetic pickup so it has to be mounted to where it can monitor the notches in the abs ring as it rotates on the axle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If your ABS sensors sorta looks like your CMPS (camshaft or crank?), it will give you an idea how to deal with your problem and gives you a better visualization about the “half gnawed dowel” I’m talking about, as opposed of the side (heads or tail) of a tarnished coin I think you’re thinking about..

Then again, my 2004 might have a completely different sensors compared to yours.. ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mines pulled out easily.. No springs in it or around it.. Only the surface where the sensor’s body should be touching it.. The hub sensor ring should be heard if you stick a screw driver against your ear and the sensor, then spin the hub IF IT IS RUBBING AGAINST IT, which it shouldn’t..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts