Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright the moment is here and I really need your input.

Found a 2003 fx 35 with TECh & DVD, Sports and Touring. Silver with Black interior RWD
36k miles for $32k Was asking 36.9k

Thoughts

Also need to know if any TECH owners have had any problems with the package. What about the DVD entertainment?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i had a 2003 with tech and dvd and never had a single issue with the tech package or the dvd. good luck and post pics if you pick her up

·
Registered
36 Posts
look a little bit harder. I found a 03 FX45 with 36,000 tech, DVD. Silver with brick/black for $32,500 in Detroit, and paid $500 to have it shipped to me in West Virginia. That is if you want a 45

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Miles are too high for that price.

·
Registered
206 Posts
car salesman

That car is way over priced 5000 too high. :shock:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Re: car salesman

yek kosa khoshkel said:
That car is way over priced 5000 too high. :shock:
With the number of miles on the car and year, definitely overpriced.

If you buy that car, I'd like to have a discussion about an empty promise I'd like to sell you.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
bjividen said:
I found a 03 FX45 with 36,000 tech, DVD. Silver with brick/black for $32,500
<insert sound of quiet sobbing here>

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys,

I appreciate the input however I have got to tell you that the Atlanta market is tight on the 2003 FX. There hasn't been one with TECH NAV available for 3 weeks now. The last one was at Infi of Gwinnett for 34.9k The one I am looking at is in New Jersey so I have got to go up there to grab it.

Please if you guys have a source that I do not know about...educate me. But through ebay, autotrader and the like there are not alot of NAV TECH 03s in the low 30s

:roll:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I'd wait. I couldn't find anything either looking on those sites, I found mine on this site actually. But that's a lot of miles for that price. I paid 35k but it was in PERFECT condition, had tons of mods, and had half the miles.

If that is your first color choice and has all the options you want then I'd consider it but haggle the price down. show the kelly blue book price because it can't be that high. :shock: @ 36.9

I flew to houston from san francisco to get mine, so i'd wait a little and look around a bit.

Ask for pics of the seats too because they will most likely have bubbles like libtech said.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Ebay has them ALL the time. Be patient, it will be worth it. The miles are way too high. Your perfect FX will come, just wait. For that price you can get an FX45.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Hey i just checked for you and if it is in excellent condition kbb says it's only $31,430 anyway. With the seller's zip code it's down to $30,995.

so at least get under kbb.

yeah i'd consider higher miles if it was a 45, but not for a 35.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The idea is to get the car for the lowest price possible. KBB is just a guideline. FYI excellent condition in one's person's mind is completely different from another.

The other issue is that KBB pricing is driven by zip code. If the market is tight where you're at, price is going to be higher. Did you enter yours or the sellers?

You should also look on the infiniti website. Find the name of some dealers in major metropolitan areas. They generally have a website with used cars listed. I can tell you dealers in Phoenix always have a several used FX's on their lots. Check out cars.com. Since you don't want AWD, should make your search much easier.

As others have said, be patient, someone always wants to get rid of their car. The idea is to get the best value for the money not waste your money on the first opportunity that looks OK.

Did you also remember that you'll have to pay tax on the car when you bring it in state? Tag on another $2000-2500 to the price of the car.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
tazdevl said:
Did you also remember that you'll have to pay tax on the car when you bring it in state?
Yeah, but this is a fixed cost, so shouldn't be part of any price comparisons.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
it's easy to avoid alot of taxes if u just get the seller to mark the price down a lot on the bill of sale.

Good points taz, but if someone is asking over kbb when kbb is probably going to be a little high anyway then I don't think you are getting a good deal. I put in excellent condition instead of perfect because less than 1% of all cars are in the perfect category.

I would say mine is thanks to the clearbra everywhere 8) .

BTW, I used my zip code, I just did it again with a jersey one and the price went down to $30,995. that seller is smoking some good crack :twisted:

·
Registered
498 Posts
kcrudup said:
tazdevl said:
Did you also remember that you'll have to pay tax on the car when you bring it in state?
Yeah, but this is a fixed cost, so shouldn't be part of any price comparisons.
Now that I think of it, there are two components to this.

1) If you buy from an individual, you'll pay a registration fee can be variable by state. Some states it's a flat fee, others it's based on the sale price of the car OR the sticker of the car minus depreciation.
2) If you buy from a dealership, you'll have to pay sales tax in the state you buy the car or in the state of registration if there is reciprocity between the state of registration and purchase. Additionally you'll have to pay a registration fee too.

You can write the bill of sale down to a certain degree but the thing to remember is that you aren't the only person to have done this. Have to keep it reasonable or they will look into it.

I know someone who got caught at it, didn't go too far, but far enough to be flagged. Cost of the car increases quite a bit when that happens. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
contaygious said:
it's easy to avoid alot of taxes if u just get the seller to mark the price down a lot on the bill of sale.

You've got to be careful marking stuff down too far to escape taxes. With everything computerized these days, stating too low of a price will put a flag up immediately. I know of a couple different people this happened to in the last few yrs. The state went after them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.