Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our car has arrived at the Dealer. They have put the STB on and are quite impressed. They have installed the Geolanders and tomorrow they do the BSM.
They cannot figure out how this Razo 107 works. Apparently they have tried to mount it, and spent quite some time, but finally decided, it is not designed for an automatic. They put the OEM back on and apologized to me over the phone.
Its allright, but I am wondering if they overlooked something.
Anyone knows how it mounts/installs?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
On the RAZO website it does list the 107 as automatic transmission capable but the pictures they show are all on a gated type of shifter.

http://www.carmate.co.jp/razo/lineup_knob.html

Our shifter requires some type of spring or button that "unlocks" the shifter... I don't see that on the 107. On the RA89 that I have and the RA94 that PINITI has, there is a spring hidden inside the knob that depresses the lever.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Shady,
Too bad, but I am glad I know now. I like the OEM look just fine, I just don't care for the mechanism.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
There is another link on this forum someplace called "aftermarket shift knob", take a look there. The Momo is very nice looking and costs ~$95. The Razos are a much cheaper option at ~$50.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Are You going to miss out on All the Fun, by having the Dealer Install All of your Mods? :? If you don't get a Tech. who's inclined to modify, you may get the same results across the board. :( Many are Clueless when it comes to Non-Factory parts. :shock: The 107 works, it just needs a little modification attention. (as I mentioned earlier, We had it mounted - just found it distasteful) http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2716 Make sure they get the BSM Straight and Low enough. (search the forums for Proper guidance, and follow it for sucess) Rather than make the Same mistakes that they did - Learn from Them. ALL of these Mods are Mapped out by Others who have gone Before You. We've All tripped, so You Don't have to. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know that the Dealer is not the master of mods. I just thought to treat myself and wife with all these things installed, before taking delivery.
We have been driving Audi's for nearly 20 years and have spent maybe 5 years of my own man hours on them, because I only trust myself with these cars. I have been keeping them running with lots of mod's. Maintenance and parts replacement was/is continuous.
I am not doing anything excessive to this FX, and I am not lazy to do these things myself. I will be installing the woodkit tomorrow when the car is at the tint shop for the clear bra. I will also put the wheelskin on. I have ordered the NoNag Nav.
All the Dealer did, is swap the tires for Geolander.
Put the BS molding on
Installed the STB
Mounted my snows (Nokians) on the extra set of OEM wheels.

I just cannot get away with lots of tinkering on my wife's new car when I just spent 40+GR, but I will find a way to do it anyway, probably I will sneak in the garage when she is asleep :twisted:
I am secretly scheming/saving to put a SC on next summer. :wink:

Where is that write up for the Razo107 then?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hey, you don't have to justify your actions here. Just tell them to Puck0ff :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
CPPRPOT said:
probably I will sneak in the garage when she is asleep :twisted:
LOL you don't know how how often this has happened to me where I've gotten caught red handed with my bottle of Zaino Z-6 in one hand, towel in the the other and she'll walk into the garage at 11pm and be like "WHAT are you doing???" :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
ShadyJC said:
CPPRPOT said:
probably I will sneak in the garage when she is asleep :twisted:
LOL you don't know how how often this has happened to me where I've gotten caught red handed with my bottle of Zaino Z-6 in one hand, towel in the the other and she'll walk into the garage at 11pm and be like "WHAT are you doing???" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guilty. :oops:

·
Registered
882 Posts
after seeing Shady's and Piniti's shift knobs I ordered one as well. I got the RA93. Never installed an auto shift knob before so I hope its easy. I guess if I can install intakes and such this should be cake.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
CPPRPOT said:
I know that the Dealer is not the master of mods. I just thought to treat myself and wife with all these things installed, before taking delivery.
I hope they didn't Push Back Your Delivery date Yet Again :( Any Pics. Yet? ~ ~ ~ Hey mushutofu, How'd the quarter trick work out for your RAZO? 8)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been speechless here, due to our honeymoon high.
We have the car in the garage :D .
We did get the car last Saturday as planned. I went over there on Thursday and stayed with it at the tint shop, when they put the 3M stuff on and tinted the fronts 35%. While I was there I installed the wood kit, which turned out absolutely georgeous! My wife found out on Monday that the wood was not factory, because she found the two steering pieces in the armrest. I also laced on the wheel skin, which is beautiful but not perfect.
Body side molding looks great! I have ordered the bushing and the clip for the gaspedal, and will be arriving hopefully today.
We are extremely happy with this car. We do attract a lot of attention here in our little town, many people know us around here, and this vehicle has really created quite a stir!
More later, pictures next week.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
What KEWL Shift Knob did you get 8) or did you just leave it Stock? ~ Did you get the CHROMIES too? :roll: I forgot, ...Are you a SPORT or a NON - SPORT ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Non sport, but sport pedals. I decided to do the 18" non chrome. We drive some rough roads around here, we need the rubber. I would love the chromies in 20", but its not practical around here.
The gear shift is stock, at the moment, but will look how that 107 works.
The handling of the car is just unbelievable! We have lots of exciting roads around here, there are almost no straight roads.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
~ ~ ~ Hey mushutofu, How'd the quarter trick work out for your RAZO? 8)
...Guess it worked well huh, You're having too much Fun driving. 8) Slick Shifter! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts