Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm now getting an average range of 397 miles for a full tank of 93 octane gasoline for my FX 45 (mostly highway miles). This is after nearly a month of ownership. It seems to average between 16.5 and 17 mpg since I passed the 1200 mile break-in period. Prior to break-in I was getting about 350 miles per tank.

An interesting thing to watch is the average mpg number on the computer drop down fairly rapidly if you tend to wait in the car with the engine running. The other day, I waited outside for my wife while she did some shopping and watched the number go from 17.4 to 16.6 mpg in about half an hour. It was a greater decline than I had imagined. So I now shut my engine off, depending on whether or not I want the heater/AC on, and just turn the key one notch to listen to the radio.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'm getting about 280 full tank mostly city driving. San Francisco is all hills also. Still in the break in period.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got about 410 miles with mostly highway driving. I usually avg. about 19-19.6 mpg.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Well, we all fill up at different intervals with different ammounts left in the tank, so I thing range is a bit subjective; MPG is better to look at. My FX35 RWD gets a consistant 17.6 city, 24 HWY.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I agree. It's worth pointing out, however, that we also drive differently, drive in different climats, drive different mixes of city vs highway, drive with/without AC, fillup with different fuel grades and mixtures, and so on -- so MPG is fairly subjective as well. IMHO.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Well, we all fill up at different intervals with different amounts left in the tank, so I thing range is a bit subjective;
Hrmph. Now that 91 here in SoCal can reguarly be found for $2.50/gal and Costco/Vons has it for "only" $2.299, I hang off on filling up 'till I'm in the single-digit range. I always fill it to full when I get gas, and if I get 300 miles (which lasts me about 3-4 days) on a $42 tankful, I'm doing OK in my '45. Also, during the week my MPGs are higher 'cause I'm primarily going to work and back; on the weekends mileage is in the toilet 'cause I'm on the streets more often.

Good thing that I can set my own hours at the office; in the morning the traffic isn't so bad, but the Sepulveda Grade down the '405 in the evenings can be bad 'till as late as 8-9PM, so my hours are usually 10-10:30 'till about 8 or 8:30. The reason I bring this up is 'cause I use more gas in heavy traffic than I do in light because I engine brake more and power around sloth drivers (most of California's traffic is 'cause a few timid, brake-happy drivers screw up the lane they're in for miles back).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm beginning to wonder what gas I should be using here. We have hi-octane which is rated at 100-101 octane according to a Japanese system and Regular that is 96-98 octane (still Japanese system). All sports cars here use hi-octane, but also some of Nissans VQ35 equipped cars are mapped for this fuel. I'm sure that I can get away with the cheaper "Regular" on the FX

·
Registered
39 Posts
DCD said:

I'm beginning to wonder what gas "I" should be using here. I'm sure that "I" can get away with the cheaper "Regular" on the FX
You mean, "what gas your FATHER should be using" don't you?!! Sounds like you may be borrowing this vehicle from time to time. :wink:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
kcrudup said:
I always fill it to full when I get gas, and if I get 300 miles (which lasts me about 3-4 days) on a $42 tankful...
Ouch. Luckily, I only have to fill up every two weeks and I'm complaining about $1.79 here in TX. CA gas prices SUCK!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CDR said:
DCD said:

I'm beginning to wonder what gas "I" should be using here. I'm sure that "I" can get away with the cheaper "Regular" on the FX
You mean, "what gas your FATHER should be using" don't you?!! Sounds like you may be borrowing this vehicle from time to time. :wink:
****! You caught me out there!! :lol: I think I'll be borrowing the FX very regularly!! 8) :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
kcrudup said:
I always fill it to full when I get gas, and if I get 300 miles (which lasts me about 3-4 days) on a $42 tankful...
Ouch. Luckily, I only have to fill up every two weeks and I'm complaining about $1.79 here in TX. CA gas prices SUCK!
1.79?!?! that is ridiulously cheap.. i fill up over here in brooklyn,ny for a dollar more!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I am starting to get confussed with theolder post coming back :?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I seem to be getting about 250 miles on a 18 gallon fill up. That's about 14.7 mpg and that's with 50/50 highway/local driving??

When my light goes on it takes 16-18 gallons to fill it up. What ever happend to our 23 gallon fuel tank??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts