Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -
Thanks for the wealth of info on these forums -
I've searched but not seen this item raised by anyone - - so hoping someone else might have experienced it and may have a solution (other than dealer visit).

I have an '04 FX with Touring package (no navigation).

I turn the radio off before shutting the car off (I'm an engineer - just a habit of shutting off systems before powering down)

I have found - not all the time but every so often - that when I first start the car, the radio display lights up -- even though the radio was turned off prior to the car being turned off. And what's odd is that it always comes up in radio mode - - even when I was listening to CD's previously.

So - let's say I've been listening to CD's while driving home. I turn the radio off - - shut the car off and leave it overnight. Next day, I get in the car - start the engine - - and the radio display lights up. There is no sound coming over the amp. It's just the display.

When I hit the power button on the radio, it powers up and the display shows CD - -

Radio and all other functions on the display function 100% as they should - - just this quirky display thing once in a while.

Any ideas? Has anyone else had this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
My 04 non-Tech audio always returns to same setting it was at when I turn car off- off, CD, radio, etc.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
I'm too lazy to power down before I get outta the car so never noticed your problem. Will try to see if I can replicate it in my 07 FX35...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Same here. I panic for a second then I remember this happens all the time and I just hit the power button and turn the radio on. The volume is always at the mute level when this happens.

I never thought to ask about it on here. I have had my unit replaced do to the common faulty CD player issue. How 'bout you? Is your unit the original or a replacement? Just curious to know if there could be any correlation.

06!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Radio info

Thanks for the info and questions --

My FX is an '04 - - I bought it used from a friend so not 100% certain but I believe the radio is original. She kept really good records and I see not info about the radio giving problems / getting changed.

I did notice it when I originally got the car - even on the test drive. I asked her about it and she shrugged. ;-)

I'll check with the dealer I guess- - although I know often they aren't as up on these things as people on the boards ---

If anyone has had this symptom please let me know.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts