Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasnt in a very good mood today, so I decided to go for a drive, on my way to no where, two cars came up to me and started racing me, well i must admit a clk 500 and a mini cooper S came up to me and we started racing well it was preety fun and the stillen intake was louder than the exhaust but the bad part is the race ended at about 135 mph :cry: I wanted to see what my little fx can do. I have to say, too big tires and rims does not help a bit, it picked up every bump on the highway.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Earlier in the week I was mirroring a G35 sedan on a nice curvy road on my way home.I do not take these seriously or the coupes or Z's.At a light I laid back about a car and a half,he waited after green for at least a count of 2 or3 and roars off.I decide to show off,and accelerate 3/4 throttle and clost to less than a car bsfore my favorite S curve,snap to outside lane,move just over the center line (because I know he cannot hold the line at that speed) and blow by him as he moves a third of the way into the lane I just occupied.He turned off at the first option..loved the show,love the car!
Your 22's and I do not recall your tire size may be a lot taller than those stock 18's and inhibit your top end(taller gearing effect).

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Can't wait until my "break-in" period is over. :roll: I'm ready to get on it!

·
Registered
224 Posts
AfterFX said:
Can't wait until my "break-in" period is over. :roll: I'm ready to get on it!
I just hit 1k and have been on it a couple of times before that :( Hope the engine doesn't mind :D

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Break n technique I use is in gear(like 2 or 3) accelerate from 20-70 at 3/4 throttle and decelerate to 20 and repeat the cycle 10 times over 2-3 days.Accelerating washes the cylinder walls clean with fuel and decelerating draws oil up past the rings.They will seat fast and well.

I work the ECU mapping by accelerating in 1,2,and 3rd from 1000 to 6000 at 1/2 throttle,3/4 throttle and full throttle for a couple times a day.ECU mapping is like a spread sheet only in 3 dimensions and there are multiple maps.So fill those boxes with the kind of performance you want from your car.This has really worked well for me,better than random driving hard...be more structured...and win!!!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Thanks!

Forgot...change that oil at 1000 to clear everything out,if any!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
brnjugfx45 said:
I work the ECU mapping by accelerating in 1, 2 and 3rd from 1000 to 6000 at 1/2 throttle, 3/4 throttle and full throttle for a couple times a day.
Heh. I call this "A typical day in the life of Kenny's '45"; I'm glad it's good for the ECU, too!

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My tire and wheel set up is a little taller than the stock 20". I did not want that low of a profile tire or else it would look wierd, saw one on an x5 with 305 35 22 and made the car look like a truck with training wheels. I am running 305 40 22 setup right now.

Jim

·
Registered
60 Posts
jimsbmw said:
My tire and wheel set up is a little taller than the stock 20". I did not want that low of a profile tire or else it would look wierd, saw one on an x5 with 305 35 22 and made the car look like a truck with training wheels. I am running 305 40 22 setup right now.

Jim
So, when you were talking about your mileage numbers in other messages, was that including the fact that your odometer is now reading almost 4% too slow (not that it would make a huge difference in your numbers); i.e. when you're actually going 60 mph when your reading 57.7.

Gary...

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Kcrudup,these 45 certainly are no grocery getter,folks in the store would question that big smile!

On the way home from Harrisburg this morning,I told Piniti I would stop through.Some S class MB with no markings was pushing me out of my lane(I am at 80).He passed on right and had 4 pipes slightly rectangular(not Borla) and headed off at 100,I figured I would tag will talking to Piniti.He had to weave through traffic and this is farm land ,not I95 and country folk do not react to these jaunts as well,so I disconnected.Slick car with chromies though!

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
grmensz said:
jimsbmw said:

Jim
So, when you were talking about your mileage numbers in other messages, was that including the fact that your odometer is now reading almost 4% too slow (not that it would make a huge difference in your numbers); i.e. when you're actually going 60 mph when your reading 57.7.

Gary...
Yeah I calculated roughly 3 to 4% but that not too bad, but running 305 35 22 will have to thin of a side wall and make the car look very wierd.

Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts