Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I race my girlfriend who has a 05 G35 auto coupe and i stay along side of her in first gear but she pulls on me pretty good in 2nd, less when i use trip tronic. Only mod I have is an air intake. Anyone out there beating G35's? or 350's?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I kick the crap out of 350z's and G35's at the track and on the street... in my other car.

FX beating a G35 or 350z is not meant to be. Obviously it could be done with a supercharger or turbocharger but other then that basic bolts on's won't get you that close.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was talking about beating those cars with a FX45. The 0-60 time between the g35 and fx45 is only 3 tenths of a sec diff , seems like a huge diff though when im racing one lol , maybe closer after I do exhaust and advance timing

·
Registered
186 Posts
fx45copper said:
I was talking about beating those cars with a FX45. The 0-60 time between the g35 and fx45 is only 3 tenths of a sec diff , seems like a huge diff though when im racing one lol , maybe closer after I do exhaust and advance timing
G35's should be running mid to low 14's in the 1/4 meanwhile I haven't seen a FX45 owner post that they have done better then a high 14.

FX45 only holds well for the first bit because it's AWD, it can rip out of the hole.

·
Registered
779 Posts
fx45copper said:
I suggest to try to time yout 0-60 with the g-tec. Then do the same on the G35. Then you'll know what the problem is... :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Most of the 45 owners have just begun to enhance their vehicles,I routinely beat Z's 6 sp,G35'sC,,went nose to tail with an M3 on tight twisties and the list goes on.The car has more potential than most of you realize.As others get their work done,they to will be covering the competition
Be careful about G-tech info,0-60 cam be comparible info in similar weather and on the same stretch of road.Distance covered 1/4 mile is much better

·
Registered
779 Posts
Be careful about G-tech info,0-60 cam be comparible info in similar weather and on the same stretch of road.Distance covered 1/4 mile is much better
I totally agree with you however keep in mind that for the people that live in cities, 60mph+ will get you a big speeding ticket. Go above 60 and you might even get arrested in some places. :)
In my opinion, for a stop-go city street races, 0-60 is a very good estimate of performance. For any other type of races, you absolutely need to look at the 1/4 mile runs.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
brnjug said:
Most of the 45 owners have just begun to enhance their vehicles,I routinely beat Z's 6 sp,G35'sC
What do you think is the most beneficial enhancement that pushes you ahead of these cars in a race? The lvl 10 tranny mod? or....

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
First you have to make power.That's exhaust and K&N ,with that and the manual shift mod I beat my first ZMost races are from a roll so the TC helps a little but not as much as from a stop.TC is good for at least a 0.5 sec in quarter(torque multiplication and higher stall)..better 1/4 mile times.I have said over and over the exhaust wakes the 45 up,it did mine.I will go back and look for a better Y though.
We have had 2 45's cutting 6.1 on a G-Tech compared to a best 35 at 6.3 and the 45 had minimal changes

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
fx45copper said:
I race my girlfriend who has a 05 G35 auto coupe and i stay along side of her in first gear but she pulls on me pretty good in 2nd, less when i use trip tronic. Only mod I have is an air intake. Anyone out there beating G35's? or 350's?
I have raced our G35C auto in our FX45(I was driving the FX, VDC off). At the start FX gets a good jump but it doesn't take long until the G comes and over takes the FX. The VDC on G35 was NOT off. With VDC off it would be even worse.
The FX45 is very fast but it's not meant to beat G's. I think againts 330s it may be closer race.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well , im going to go have my timing advanced and go with the same setup as brnjug on the exhaust I think , then i'll have to race my g/f again and see what happens. I'll post the results when I know. Beating a Z though is impressive considering they are about 3 tenths of a second faster than the G35's stock. Brn must be running a 5.5 0-60 or somewhere around it

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Start driving in manual more it sharpens your skills and shifting ability.Teach the ECU to be happy(passes from 1000-6000 in first,second and third at half,,3/4 and full throttle.Get good at shifting at a set point to be sure you never hit the rev limiter and learn where your car likes to be launched,1500,1800,2000 stall with VDC off.if you get the reflash,get it tweaked for the exhaust

You have woofers?at what weight?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know exactly when to shift , at 6000..then the car hits gear right at redline. What do you mean stall with the VDC off? I know what the VDC is but stall? as in cause the car to shut off? I just have a single JL audio W3 12" in the trunk

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I will pm,this has been discussed before

·
Registered
138 Posts
The FX45 beats my 26 y/o 911 to 60mph by half a car length. Throw in some curves though and the FX is history. But, then again, so are most cars.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
cantdrv55 said:
Throw in some curves though and the FX is history.
In general, or compared to your Porsche? I ran a road rallye in Thousand Oaks/Malibu on Malibu Canyon Road/PCH last year with a bunch of Zs and Gs (on the stock RSAs, and no STB) and held my own quite well, thank you very much. It would have been even easier with my new bar, tires and upcoming springs.

·
Registered
138 Posts
kcrudup said:
cantdrv55 said:
Throw in some curves though and the FX is history.
In general, or compared to your Porsche? I ran a road rallye in Thousand Oaks/Malibu on Malibu Canyon Road/PCH last year with a bunch of Zs and Gs (on the stock RSAs, and no STB) and held my own quite well, thank you very much. It would have been even easier with my new bar, tires and upcoming springs.
Sorry, I should have said as compared to my 911. It's been lightened, has new suspension and grippy tires so it rides like new again. My bad.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I spent the day in Harrisburg with sime friends of my son working on my sound system and lights and some other mods.They are a BMW group with 6 cars present and 2 of those M3's,all lowered except the 2005 M3.Jason of Burlwood fame stopped by(did not know he lived in Hbg)I had already told the story of my racing an M3 nose to tail on twisties and the guy with the 2005 M3 said impossible.He had flipped and totalled his older BMW before getting the 2005 2 months ago(more money than brains or talent as they say).The day went on till 630 and he had to go to work at 5.Once we finished and pics were taken(will post as soon as they are sent).They all wanted a ride.
So off to their spot.Tight twisties and swoops and dips,and 3 guys in my car screaming with delight because no M3 could have stayed with me on that run!A road I had not been on in 10 years easy.
The speed spot is marked on 322 between Hershey and Hbg.Clear view ahead and no chance for a cop to flip.Their cars run 80-100(an M3 their fastest and most modified).With 4 people in my car,I cleared the second mark at 95,one try!They were stunned and I am invited to all of their BMW functions.
It ain't the weight or the HP figures,it is what it does on the street or track.

It was a good day in Infiniti land!

And they loved the exhaust note

·
Registered
832 Posts
brnjug said:
It ain't the weight or the HP figures,it is what it does on the street or track.

It was a good day in Infiniti land!
:notworthy:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.