Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know there are over 100 different posts about this but I need it in this post...I want to get new fog bulbs and head light to match the HID's...I was just wondering how much it would cost for the bulbs and sites that they are at...I dont want to sound cheap but I would rather not spend $500 on HID's... and one more question are the 10,000k lights HID's or jus different bulbs?
Thank you for your help...I know I dont know a lot about this but any info will be veryyy appreaciated

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you very much Shady for the advice...what about for the headlights? the non HID's...as you can tell Im very car literate

and which light did you use high watt or standard?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Here's where I bought the Plasmaglows from based on someone else's recommendation (Mushutofu? Thanks BTW!)... only $25.95. Gotta go with the standard 55W (?) if they give you a choice.

http://www.evolution-autodesign.com/cgi ... ccessories

And your other question, not really sure what you are asking. The stock headlights are 4100K HIDs. The 10,000K bulbs you keep hearing about are HID replacements.

I think you're referring to changing the bulbs right next to the headlights, the clearance lights? Try the PIAA Super Whites, type 7443. Do a search for "7443" or "PIAA" here to see some pics.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you veryyy much shady that was exactly what I was looking for...thank you.
got any pics of ur setup?

·
Registered
187 Posts
ShadyJC said:
Here's where I bought the Plasmaglows from based on someone else's recommendation (Mushutofu? Thanks BTW!)... only $25.95. Gotta go with the standard 55W (?) if they give you a choice.

http://www.evolution-autodesign.com/cgi ... ccessories

And your other question, not really sure what you are asking. The stock headlights are 4100K HIDs. The 10,000K bulbs you keep hearing about are HID replacements.

I think you're referring to changing the bulbs right next to the headlights, the clearance lights? Try the PIAA Super Whites, type 7443. Do a search for "7443" or "PIAA" here to see some pics.
Shady, is this link the clearance lights? If not would it be possible for you to link me to a reputable sight that you would purchase from. Sorry, I'm a noob.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
carsunltd32 said:
got any pics of ur setup?
No pics since I put the Plasmaglows in, sorry... if I get a chance I'll try to take a pic tomorrow.

tazdevl's recommendation of the Hoens is also a good choice, from what I understand they have a good reputation... anything will be an improvement over the stock fogs.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey shady do u have pics of ur car? and of ur headlights?

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you are referring to the lights on the inside (close to the grill) of each headlight unit, I think it is referred to as the parking lights. There are 4 bulbs in the headlight unit (parking,headlight (Xenon),turn signal and side markers. I used the 7443's in white from superbrightleds.com and they came out great. They were the 15 LED ones. They are 8.99 each from their web site. I changed out the side markers and the parking lights with LED's. I am very happy with the results, highly recommend it. Some other members have replaced the turn signal bulb with the stealth bulb so that you dont have the "eggyolk" effect but I personally did not. LED's cannot be used for this bulb without a kit which I didnt want to bother with. You need to pull a couple of things to get to the lights so try to change all the bulbs at the same time. If you are ordering stuff from superbrightleds you should carefully decide what you need and order it all at once. This is a post that gives you the specifics of what you need for the car that I used as a guide.

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... rony+bulbs

·
Registered
187 Posts
ShadyJC said:
PS - changing the 7443 clearance bulbs is a piece of cake but be warned that changing the fog lights is a PITA....
What is involved in changing the fog lamps? I can not find any reference to it in the owner’s manual. Depending on how much of a pain it is, will determine if I will get them. BTW…thank you for the clearance light link. I purchased them this morning.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
hombogero said:
What is involved in changing the fog lamps?
You have to remove about 4 bolts on the underside of each side of the bumper and push back the plastic protector enough to stick your hand inside the fender. (** note to self - should have done this before the lowering springs were installed!! :lol: ) Once you can get inside the fender then the bulb itself is the same as every other bulb, twist off the cap and pop the new one in. If I recall, it took me about 15 or 20 min to do both sides.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.