Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to buy an '05 FX35 (DG) next week. The dealer doesn't have the exact configuration I want, but says he'll get one with roof rail cross bars in a couple of days. I've looked around this site for pictures that give a good view of the cross-bars, but haven't found anything. The dealer is a long drive away so it's not practical for me to go and look at cars on the lot. So here are my questions for the group:

1- If someone has an FX35 with crossbars (especially if it is DG), could you please post a couple of pictures, or point me to a previous thread where I can find them?

2- Do you personally like the look of the cross-bars, or would you take them off unless you were using them?

2- Can someone please tell me how easy or difficult it is to take off the cross bars? If I don't like the look, would I be able to take them off myself without too much difficulty, or would I be better off asking the dealer to do this?

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I have a DG with cross bars but mine are black. I like the look of the cross bars personally. I think they complete the rack and they do not look like an afterthought like on most vehicles. They keep with the curved lines. However, if you plan on taking them on and off you can do that in about 5 minutes or less, once the brackets are in place, which if you are getting them from the dealer I am assuming they will put them on before you take delivery.

I'd take a pic but the cord that lets me download is at work. I'll take a pic then if you can hang until Monday.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have DG with Cross bars but mine are black also. I think it looks great both ways as long as you have the basic rack. No rack looks bad.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FXECUTIVE said:
I have a DG with cross bars but mine are black. I like the look of the cross bars personally. I think they complete the rack and they do not look like an afterthought like on most vehicles. They keep with the curved lines. However, if you plan on taking them on and off you can do that in about 5 minutes or less, once the brackets are in place, which if you are getting them from the dealer I am assuming they will put them on before you take delivery.

I'd take a pic but the cord that lets me download is at work. I'll take a pic then if you can hang until Monday.
Sure, I can hang on until Monday. Thanks!

Btw, do you know if the crossbars are factory installed or dealer-installed? I'm assuming they're factory-installed since the dealer would have offered me the option otherwise...

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
If tiyr buying the car w/ cross bars they would put them on, but you can DIY if you buy it as an accessory. It takes about 15 minutes because you have to bolt on the brackets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts