Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone's opinion is regarding high mileage. Considering today's vehicle's (performance and durability) what do you consider to be high mileage on a car annually????

(feedback will help me decide whether to keep a vw jetta as an "extra" car or sell it and go all out on the FX)

Thanks.....

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I Logged 27K miles on my one year anniversary.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have 44K on my first year

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
30K in 18 months...and I thought I drove a lot

·
Registered
90 Posts
johnblaz2000 said:
I wonder what our resale value is with this high mileage :?:
Doesn't matter unless you plan to sell. :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
I was thinking of upgrading. I am thinking maybe it is too late. I don't want to take a loss though.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I shouldnt have a problem with millage. At 15 months I am still at 8800 km or roughly 5500miles, hope to make it a even 10k km by the end of the year.

Jim

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input......I'm still going to "try" to keep the other car to minimize the mileage. Of course, we'll see how that goes when it comes time to sort out the financing!

Looking at the 04 FX35, w/Tech and Touring package.... $38,150 (after deducting the rebate available right now) Decent price?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Bought mine in April and have put on little over 20k so far.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bought mine tonight! Went w/the DG and black graphite interior...... pick it up tomorrow afternoon!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I bought my '45 less than three years ago (November 8th, 2003). I just clocked 75K miles today, and it's been nearly 100% issue-free.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Some of the new car buyers walked away and will only buy a lower mileage one. They consider 20 miles on it is high. I personally more happy with ones lower than 100. :p
Ok, to answer your question. I think it's all depends on the price and up to individual's perspective. Someppl think of cars as transportation. Somes.... well you get an idea.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Ahhh, this was dug up from the graveyard of threads, chdiego got his FX 2 days after he first posted this back in '04.

PM'd e39ng to see what's up with his uber-high mileage FX and any reliability issues... if any. I bought my '35 a year and 2 months ago at 56K miles, now after a few trips from Chicago to Virginia and back... and again and lil over 1 year of regular driving around I'm nearing 70K (within the next few weeks).

So far, COMPLETELY issue free. Replaced tires, got a set of winter tires... ummm besides brake judder (which I'm still gonna try and get fixed via TSB) nothing serious!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey guys, I am now at almost 89K. She stills going strong and nothing wrong so far. I change oil every 5000miles with Mobile1 and every 30K I bring to dealer for service and check up. I will do my 90K service as soon as I am free and also the fuel hose recall. This is a very reliable car so far compare to my previous BMW and MBZ.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i dont know what the rate of depreciation of a car like the FX is, its usually by miles. if yours is a fx35 and you have abot 31k miles on it, you can probably still get like some where between $29,000 to $31,000 off of resale.

·
Registered
158 Posts
No fun buying and not drive it... alittle over 17,000 miles in alittle over 6 months... on my last car i had over 300,000 miles in 9 years and it's still looks good and drives great... gave it to my younger bro... its an 96 Honda Accord...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts