Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look you guys seem like you have a lot of good info so that’s the reason I’m writing. I just received my 03 FX45 here in Germany and it arrived from the states missing the following. The main intel key fob and the blade key and also the subwoofer from the Bose system. Now the dealer that I bought the vehicle from (not infiniti) states that it’s the shipper that's responsible for the lost and that I should get with them. First I was charged $1700 for shipping(to much IMOH), second I had to pay for a key fob and blade key and the programing of the fobs. The dealership is saying that most likely I'll have to pay for these items again. What do you guys think about this? Am I being jerked around or is the shipper to blame? I always thought that until the vehicle is in the buyers possesion, it's the sellers responsibility how it gets there?? Especially if they arranged the shipping. Any comments are welcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think another question is- Do German laws apply or do USA and/or a particular state law apply? It's entirely possible these items were removed once the FX reached Europe.

Also, was there any sort of "drop off" check list of vehicle condition and inventory created? If so, the case is closed, good or bad...if not...I wish you luck.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I don't know all the ins & outs, but when I lived over there, and special ordered my Vette through the GM dealer on base, I didn't have to pay any shipping, and even had a free return trip for it. As for the cost of shipping, that figure sounds about right to me (I did pay to ship other vehicles)...usually about half of the cost is for the marine insurance. Regarding the other items, I'd guess it would depend upon your contract with the dealer. Was it purchased in the U.S., and shipped...if so, the dealer may have a point, and a claim may need to be made against the shipping insurance. If not, well now you're dealing with international laws, and it's not likely that you'll find an answer here :(

Good Luck
Don

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it was purchased in the states, never driven in the States, it was shipped directly after purchase by the dealer. It's not a big issuie, it's that I would hate to pay for these items again! Just wanted to hear some comments from you guys and gals.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Lovett said:
I always thought that until the vehicle is in the buyers possesion, it's the sellers responsibility how it gets there?? Especially if they arranged the shipping.
Lovett said:
Well it was purchased in the states, never driven in the States, it was shipped directly after purchase by the dealer.
Normally the shipping company is responsible for lost and/or damaged goods, however the person who arranged the shipping has a responsibility as well. Since the dealer arranged the shipping I would think the dealer has a responsiblity as well.

Consider a transferred employee - lost damaged goods are paid for by the mover and its the employer who is the responsible intermediary.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
Normally the shipping company is responsible for lost and/or damaged goods
Lovett said:
I always thought that until the vehicle is in the buyers possesion, it's the sellers responsibility how it gets there?? Especially if they arranged the shipping.
It all depends on the CONTRACT you signed, even if you bought from a dealer and they arranged for the shipping. There should be some language in there about (1) the car you purchased, (2) how it gets to you and (3) who's responsible up to what point. Honestly I don't think the rules surrounding the traditional model of going to a dealer and buying a car applies in your situation. Any further information you can share with us?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I will have to see what the contract states, but I'm sure that it says that the Dealer is responsible for shipping. With that said I would assume that they would be responsible until it arrived and I took ownership of the vehicle?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
If true, then yes. If you can post the language in the contract I'm sure some lurking lawyers on this forum can chip in their $.02!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes in the contract it states that the dealer will do the shipping. I paid for the shipping but they arranged for the shipping company and took the vehicle to the port. So as far as I can see they are responsible for the condition of the vehicle when it arrives at port. Also they now say that they cannot find the vehicle check list that was conducted before the vehicle got on the boat!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Lovett said:
Also they now say that they cannot find the vehicle check list that was conducted before the vehicle got on the boat!
That's interesting - so they can't prove they even delivered everything to the shipper!! Its looking more and more like the dealer's resonsibility.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to agree, if they can't show me a preshipping document, then it falls on them and not the shipper! I mean who in their right mind ships a vehicle without doing this?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update on this!! Help needed fast!

Ok here is the latest and I really need your help and fast! The dealership is willing to pay half for the missing items to include shipping to Germany . Now the questions that I have are, can I order the 05 smart key for the 03 FX45? And from what I hear from most of you is that the sub sucks anyway. Infiniti wants about $500 for the sub, should I go ahead and get it since they are going to pay half or should I say the heck with that and go aftermarket? Please guys and gals get back with me with any comments that you have. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Re: Update on this!! Help needed fast!

Lovett said:
Ok here is the latest and I really need your help and fast! The dealership is willing to pay half for the missing items to include shipping to Germany . Now the questions that I have are, can I order the 05 smart key for the 03 FX45? And from what I hear from most of you is that the sub sucks anyway. Infiniti wants about $500 for the sub, should I go ahead and get it since they are going to pay half or should I say the heck with that and go aftermarket? Please guys and gals get back with me with any comments that you have. Thanks
Every infiniti service and customer affair have told me that 05 intelligent key will not work with 03 or 04. I was hoping that it would work...but too bad.

Also, unless you want much bigger thumps I don't think stock boas sub is bad. I have no problem with the stock bose sub. My brother's infiniti have a two huge sub in his trunk and I can't drive his car much...hehe

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Apparently the '05 Intelli Fob does NOT work on the '03/'04 - but that is how initial questions were answered; apparently no one has yet to go to the dealer and actualy try to do it. I would not recommend you be the field tester in your situation - play it safe and order the '04.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts