Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've had my FX50S for a few months and I love it. What a solid, fun vehicle.

I had a question that I can't figure out the answer to, about when the parking sonar should be active. Should I hear warning beeps when I'm in Drive, and am getting close to an object in front of me? I currently do not - but when I get back in the truck and put it in Reverse, I hear the sonar warning me that I'm close to the object in front of me. Wouldn't it make more sense to have this warning when I'm pulling into the parking space, rather than when I'm backing out?

When in Reverse all the sonar seems to work - front, corners, rear, but if when in Drive I don't hear anything. I did read through the owners manual but couldn't determine the answer to this questions.

Thanks for any input!

Tighe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey it’s awesome the FX50s. I too have a 2012 FX50s. So the sonar works when your parking in reverse automatically and beeps. If you turn on the front camera from the button by the radio then it would also work then when going forward . You can also turn the sonar off from the settings in the radio. Good luck and enjoy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey it’s awesome the FX50s. I too have a 2012 FX50s. So the sonar works when your parking in reverse automatically and beeps. If you turn on the front camera from the button by the radio then it would also work then when going forward . You can also turn the sonar off from the settings in the radio. Good luck and enjoy
Thanks for the reply! I was playing around with the settings a bit, and found that if I set the default camera setting to Front/Corner camera, instead of Bird's Eye, now the front automatically beeps without having to manually select the front camera button each time when parking. Although I wish I could have Birds Eye and automatic sonar all around by default, it doesn't seem like an option. I would prefer the sonar to the birds eye though, so I'll take what I can get. A minor annoyance that I'm sure I'll soon forget about!

I actually found that resetting all settings to default helped with a few things that I found questionable. Now my only question is how long I can withstand 15mpg!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts