Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning FXerz!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yesterday I took my car for leather replacing (Driver's side had wrinkles) , and I also decided to do 7,500 mile service since I was close to 7,000. Today I got a call that they fixed my leather seat, and finished 7,500 miles service. So I went over to the dealership to pick up my baby. I looked at the leather seat and they did real good job on replacing the leather but!!!!!!!! But!!!!!!!!!!!!! As soon as I started my FX I noticed empty gas and they drove more than 20 miles!!!! for what!!!!!!!??????????? since I wasn't so sure about what they did for 7,500 miles service I didn't ask him why he put so many miles on my FX. I know many of you guys already done 7,500 miles service, and did you guys notice any suspicious mileage used by dealership? I know it's not that big of deal but still...I had fun with 05 G35 though :D of course sedan... :(

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Did they do the seat in house.Otherwise there is no reason for more than a mile or 2 unless you are raising a driveability question and then 20 is still high

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think part of the 7500 mile service is a road test. I could be wrong. Even still, 20 miles is excessive. I get so nervous every time I leave a car for service. Mine is in today because the steering wheel wobbles a bit at 70 mph, so I expect a little mileage...we'll see.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sheldon said:
I think part of the 7500 mile service is a road test. I could be wrong. Even still, 20 miles is excessive. I get so nervous every time I leave a car for service. Mine is in today because the steering wheel wobbles a bit at 70 mph, so I expect a little mileage...we'll see.
Me too!! I get so worried... :(
Your strering wheel wobbles? My TSX had same problem and it turned out to be bad wheel, they said I've probably hit the curve or something. So I had to get a new wheel for front right side.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
brnjug said:
Did they do the seat in house.Otherwise there is no reason for more than a mile or 2 unless you are raising a driveability question and then 20 is still high
As I understand, seat issues are usually sub-contracted to a local upholstery shop, this may explain the 20 miles if they had to drive it out - your work order should indicate whether it went out of house or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.