Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the old Intelligent Key to the new desing look??? :D

I will go ask the dealer lately! If anyone knows if it's possible, please let me know~

here is the pic!

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well from what I have been told from my dealer in the states, that would be a big fat no! They not only changed the look of the fob, but also the programming is different. Why Infiniti would do that is wierd to me, they could have made a lot of money from us 03 and 04 owners that wanted to upgrade to the new look!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
definitely negative?! :cry:

Can't be that much different programming, can it? :roll:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Someone on here has a pic of that ugly thing, but I am to embarresed to find it. I agree, how different could it be, but according to the dealers, the 05 and 03/04 fobs are not interchangable.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
How much is the new fob?

So far the only evidence that it won't work that has been presented is that the dealers look it up and it has a different part number. Duh. I'm in pretty good with my service dept. and am off next week. I can swing by and if they aren't busy have them play around with one to see if it can be programmed to an '03 or '04 FX.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have to agree, I mean why would Infiniti make a totally different system. But every word that I have gotten back from the dealers is, its a diferent system or something to that effect.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
That IS the '05 fob.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
The manual ought to describe the process for programming a new keyfob for your car. You probably have to turn the car on with an existing key, and then hold down some magic button while activating the fob's unlock or something. So find someone with a 2005 and try it. Or take your 2003/4 keyfob to a dealer's 2005 car and [secretly] try it out the other way.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
O. K. This is a warning to all of you '05 FX Sport owners: Pull over Now! We want your rear tail lights & your key fob - Both of 'em! Hand them over and nobody gets hurt. :p

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
dinofx35 said:
The manual ought to describe the process for programming a new keyfob for your car. You probably have to turn the car on with an existing key, and then hold down some magic button while activating the fob's unlock or something.
You need a "CONSULT II" (OBD-II) device to do this, so that's why the dealer has to get involved (at the price of 1/2hr's labor) to do it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
O. K. This is a warning to all of you '05 FX Sport owners: Pull over Now! We want your rear tail lights & your key fob - Both of 'em! Hand them over and nobody gets hurt. :p
[me]Presses door lock button, and speeds away.[/me] :twisted:

·
Registered
498 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
That IS the '05 fob.
Nice. I thought it was just for the intelligent key.

Depending on what the internals look like and how they are laid out, might be able to do a internal swap.

I just confirmed with the dealer in Tucson that year to year they change and tend to be incompatible. Granted, dealers have been known to be wrong, so if someone finds out differently, please let us know.

·
Registered
176 Posts
kcrudup said:
You need a "CONSULT II" (OBD-II) device to do this, so that's why the dealer has to get involved (at the price of 1/2hr's labor) to do it.
More people have these than you might think. You can also buy a cable and software for various PDAs. My brother has one which came in handy when resetting my check engine light after running the FX with no exhaust.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Really? I thought these ConsultII things were like $14k or something like that?! Can you really get software for a PDA that allows you to do everything it does?

Oh, and for the poster above: yes, this discussion is regarding the '05 Intellikey.

·
Registered
6 Posts
05 key

took my car to get the barkes fixed and asked about the 05 key and they said it wont work. so i told them to try to program it ,if it don't work i told them i still wanted to buy the key. i am doing to gut the old key out and put the stuff in the new one.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Re: 05 key

1slowcar said:
i am doing to gut the old key out and put the stuff in the new one.
I thought of that as well, but it won't work. The circuit board in ours is the wrong shape and too big to fit in the new fob.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Jaku said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the old Intelligent Key to the new desing look??? :D
Now that the '05's have been out a while, has anybody "Pushed" this issue with their local Service Dept? :shock: Buy it and Re-Program it with the Consult II for '03 & '04 FX's?
*** Mods Please move this to Internal Mods.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts