Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my Amber LED's from superbrightleds.com and now I noticed when I drove to lunch, that my turn signals blink twice as fast - I originally noticed because the blinking "sound" inside the cabin was very fast, I looked down, and also checked the bulbs from the outside and they are blinking about 3-5 times faster than the stock...is this normal...? Can a bulb do this...? I thought you needed to buy a switch or something in order to make your turn signals blink faster.. :?:

·
Registered
365 Posts
you probably need the load resistor to make the car think that a real light bulb is connected. they sell them on superbrightleds website.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't mind it the way it is...but will it do any damage/harm if I leave it...?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Well, the LEDs don't mind, but if there is a light bulb anywhere blinking at that rate, just figure that it will burn out sooner.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
NJ_Jackals said:
My experience is that a turn signal will hyperblink when a turn signal bulb burns out. I replaced my oem bulbs with stealth bulbs from matrix racing and I did not experience this behavior. I would remove the bulb and reseat it to make sure it is in properly.

-NJJ
No, he's fine, it's doing that b/c he's using LED bulbs, which require a lower volatge, so the system thinks there is a bulb malfunction and initiates the hyper-blinker. As stated above, it probably won't hurt anything, as the rears are LEDs as well, but it looks kinda retarded IMO to have them blinking that fast.

·
Registered
392 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
NJ_Jackals said:
My experience is that a turn signal will hyperblink when a turn signal bulb burns out. I replaced my oem bulbs with stealth bulbs from matrix racing and I did not experience this behavior. I would remove the bulb and reseat it to make sure it is in properly.

-NJJ
No, he's fine, it's doing that b/c he's using LED bulbs, which require a lower volatge, so the system thinks there is a bulb malfunction and initiates the hyper-blinker. As stated above, it probably won't hurt anything, as the rears are LEDs as well, but it looks kinda retarded IMO to have them blinking that fast.
So he needs a resistor to lower the voltage then?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
1. You should check the brighness of the led at night since when I installed mine it was not very bright and not noticable in traffic.

2. I bought the resonator from Superbright but for some reason it was still flashing as if the resonator was not there.

Jim

·
Registered
365 Posts
Actually, the resistor is there to draw current. An LED has very little current draw. The car thinks that the bulb is burned out so it does the hyperblink thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.