Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found an open stretch of road and went for it, no wind, clear day, long highway...

Bone Stock FX35

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a few pictures with the Porsche @ 168mph ... ma balls are not what they used to be to push the limits

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
these cars cruise at high speed like nothing. the 45 will hit 95-100 mph like its nothing and i swer im only going about 65 or 70. i routinely find myself going over 100 and dont even realize it :twisted:

·
Registered
392 Posts
bradical said:
these cars cruise at high speed like nothing. the 45 will hit 95-100 mph like its nothing and i swer im only going about 65 or 70. i routinely find myself going over 100 and dont even realize it :twisted:
LOL, that was the same excuse I used one time I got pulled over byt a cop doing around 150 MPH. on my S3 in Mexico. I was like, you know what officer, this new cars... you don't even feel the speed, I serioudly tought I was doing around 100. Well, in Mexico bribes are really common, so he let me go after I gave him around $20.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
20 bucks! thats it!

****.... i would have payed him 300 bucks cash for that kind of speeding ticket. between the points , the surcharges , and ticket cost, the courts, etc...you are still better off

im moving there!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
point and click, never take your eye off the road, hope a good shot is took, mere glance at the speed and nothing more.

Of'course, if your going to take the risk, you have to be very aware of your surroundings and how the car feels.

I feel very comfortable at higher speeds in cars that I can feel the road. The FX has a great road feel, unlike my Lincoln LS, where I feel detached from the road with a false sense of roadhandling ...

There is a change though, when you breach 155mph, things seem to change in the feel and motion of a vehicle... i cant explain it, but honestly I feel comfortable in a vehicle untill about 150/155mph, but there is a change, maybe its just my gut instinct, but dynamics change 10 fold after 155mph (hense driving the porsche, past those speeds).

Maybe that is why Mercedes and BMW limit their cars @ 155MPH? I mean, they are not doing it for safety, i mean, come on, if your allowed to do 155mph without being governed what really is the 172mph top speed on some of them really going to do, are you going to die less if control is lost over 155?, i figure anything after 105mph is no-man's land in survival, when car physic's, crumple zones, general construction takes a back seat with chances of saving anyone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
the fastest i have ever gone was in my vette, i hit 161 and then nearly **** my pants, i stayed there for less than 5 seconds, but man the fear of hitting a bump or another car moving in at the last minute really not worth it

·
Registered
392 Posts
alumar said:
point and click, never take your eye off the road, hope a good shot is took, mere glance at the speed and nothing more.

Of'course, if your going to take the risk, you have to be very aware of your surroundings and how the car feels.

I feel very comfortable at higher speeds in cars that I can feel the road. The FX has a great road feel, unlike my Lincoln LS, where I feel detached from the road with a false sense of roadhandling ...

There is a change though, when you breach 155mph, things seem to change in the feel and motion of a vehicle... i cant explain it, but honestly I feel comfortable in a vehicle untill about 150/155mph, but there is a change, maybe its just my gut instinct, but dynamics change 10 fold after 155mph (hense driving the porsche, past those speeds).

Maybe that is why Mercedes and BMW limit their cars @ 155MPH? I mean, they are not doing it for safety, i mean, come on, if your allowed to do 155mph without being governed what really is the 172mph top speed on some of them really going to do, are you going to die less if control is lost over 155?, i figure anything after 105mph is no-man's land in survival, when car physic's, crumple zones, general construction takes a back seat with chances of saving anyone.
From what I know, there is an agreement between German automakers to limit certain models that exceed certain production limits to 155 mph.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
My friend did 145 mph on his C55, that really scared me. He wanted to go faster but I told him to slow down. Let's drive safe FXers'!~ for us and for the others. AND DO NOT TAKE PICTURES WHEN YOU ARE GOING FASTER THAN 100 MPH!!!!!!! 140MPH !!???? ARE YOU CRAZY!?
I pray that there's no accidents for all FXers out there. Amen.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Some 10+ yrs ago, I did about 138 in my '92 VW Corado VR6 on I-80W and it was rock solid. But it was stupid thing to do and I try not to go fast in these days. With wife and two kids, it's no worth of doing it.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I NEVER go over the posted speed limit, usually a little under.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Y'all kill me with these DIRE! WARNINGS!

If this car were in several other countries (cue: Lovett) they'd be running triple digits all **** day long. On an open road, if you manage to kill yourself perhaps you shouldn't be driving at all.

Kenny, charter member of the TDD ("Triple-Digits Daily") club.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
142 mph in my 03 auto G Coupe ! Very stable!
130 mph in my FX45! Pretty stable!
137 in my 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R... UNSTABLE! :D

Hey! Sometimes it's all about that speed! :wink: Oh wait... It's all the time! :D

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
kcrudup said:
Y'all kill me with these DIRE! WARNINGS!

If this car were in several other countries (cue: Lovett) they'd be running triple digits all **** day long. On an open road, if you manage to kill yourself perhaps you shouldn't be driving at all.

Kenny, charter member of the TDD ("Triple-Digits Daily") club.
I'm not at all concerned with you and any other TDD killing themselves - feel free to join the Darwin Club :roll: HOWEVER I am concerned about these TDD folks taking someone out with them. All I will say is if they take out one of mine my family will be very rich and their family will be very poor. Most/All roads in THIS country aren't designed for TDD, and I suspect most drivers who are bragging about 120+ speeds have precious little experience doing so (note I said most - no flames needed).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sorry guys that I have not been on for a while, but I lost my password! Anyway, Kenny is correct, we over this side of the pond hit 100mph before we even reach the Autobahn! Matter of fact, for those that live over here or those with enough balls to try it! If you keep it in fourth you can take it past an indicated 145! Very stable at that speed and since most around you are flying at over 120, it does not feel that fast! Also, for those that dog this vehicle now and then, be aware that the 45 is no joke! It holds its own with most anything on the road, except serious sports cars!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.