Infiniti FX Forum banner

PTS Shiftronic

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  esemes 
#1 ·
CHECK IT OUT!!

I am calling on this today!!

Do you want to shift your automatic like a manual? Need to control torque converter lockup and shift firmness? Level 10 Performance has created line device that makes it happen; the PTS™ Shiftronic Shifter, It's a plug-and-play module that mounts in the cockpit and links directly with your transmission computer harness to provide manual control of up and downshifts, shift pressure and converter lockup.

Once plugged in, you have the option to go to any gear you please, up-shifting and down-shifting when you want. The Shifttronic Manual-Automatic is great for drag racers, rally drivers and anyone who wants positive trans control. The controller also offers you the option of changing how hard the trans shifts, and allows the driver to lock the torque converter on deceleration for real engine braking-like a manual shift transmission.

Fits all import applications with electronic controlled transmission
Honda - Toyota - Acura - Lexus - Mazda - Infiniti -and more!!

See less See more
#5 ·
Do you really wanna mess with that stuff? Would it be worth it to have your tranny or something break and not be under warranty.
Our shiftronic is pretty descent as is...at least ours doesn't autmatically shift to 2nd gear unlike the TL

#6 ·
Hmmm, very interesting. Keep us posted.

#7 ·
As I have stated elsewhere,Level 10 did my valve body and restructured the internal black box so it will shift on command,additionally Pat just got back from europe and the middle east where he did some more mods to this trans(Nissan Patrol) and will put them in my FX when we both have a minute(May).Any proven race trans shop does not make stuff that will break your trans.Pat and I met around the 200 4R,a fragile trans(Buick GN) and he had them living to 800+ HP(mine had 750).There is much to improve with ours,particularly the manual shifting,and you want that 6700-7000 shift to max in the first 3 gears.

#8 ·
brnjugfx45 said:
As I have stated elsewhere,Level 10 did my valve body and restructured the internal black box so it will shift on command,additionally Pat just got back from europe and the middle east where he did some more mods to this trans(Nissan Patrol) and will put them in my FX when we both have a minute(May).Any proven race trans shop does not make stuff that will break your trans.Pat and I met around the 200 4R,a fragile trans(Buick GN) and he had them living to 800+ HP(mine had 750).There is much to improve with ours,particularly the manual shifting,and you want that 6700-7000 shift to max in the first 3 gears.
brnjug-

can i just get the plug-n-play module?? (is it easy to install)? i havent heard back yet....

thnx

sms

#9 ·
I reached him on his cell and he is still lagging from the trip(6countries in 10 days).That is why I called him,he will get back to you on the electronic unit once he decompresses...we never got to it

From what people tell me,Infinity mechanics replace stuff,not fix stuff,so unless you break multiple times,they will not know anything changed(that is not a criticism...it may be a cheaper way of doing business??)

#10 ·
brnjugfx45 said:
I reached him on his cell and he is still lagging from the trip(6countries in 10 days).That is why I called him,he will get back to you on the electronic unit once he decompresses...we never got to it

From what people tell me,Infinity mechanics replace stuff,not fix stuff,so unless you break multiple times,they will not know anything changed(that is not a criticism...it may be a cheaper way of doing business??)
exactly.....

i wouldnt dare bring them broken aftermarket bits, with hopes of warranty coverage.....

hope to have more, soon!

-sms

#11 ·
Any update on this yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.