Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a focus room on monday and I just want to make sure I have all the problems discussed on monday..please send me your list ...thanks
Phil K
03' FX-35

·
Registered
361 Posts
As of now, I don't have any complaints yet, but some that I can think of from members on these boards:

1) leather seats
2) auto-door locks when ignition turns on/or drive off over 5 mph
3) leather seats
4) vents blowing warm air even when a/c is off
5) that's all i can think of for now

PS: some members here have complained about leather seats :twisted:

P.P.S: just curious, why post this topic in "for sale?"

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
magician said:
I am doing a focus room on monday and I just want to make sure I have all the problems discussed on monday..please send me your list ...thanks
Phil K
03' FX-35
please elaborate......

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
In addition to the important issues listed above:

- Lack of cargo room / storage space.
- Really tinny, cheap sounding horn.

But frankly I love the ride and that's being picky. The horn thing iritates me though. Shouldn't be that "tinny" for a $40K+ ride.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Dont forget about the sunroof creaking sounds. And oh did someone mention LEATHER SEATS!!!

Jim

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I guess I will move it, but where does Magician want it?

For now I will move it to General, pending on Magician.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Please add the "Rocking seat" the fix does not fix. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
only complaint right now 5000km in - windshield wiper does get top portion of passenger window, and when music is up and "bass" hits a get a rattle in the driver door. Also the horn does sound wierd. :?

fx does wicked donuts tho

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
I guess I will move it, but where does Magician want it?

For now I will move it to General, pending on Magician.
Sweet, you are so much nicer than mr. Jon Carson.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
:angel12:

Thanks, I hate big (or little) meanies who think the world (internet) revoles soley around their personal opinion.
:whipitgood:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
didn't mean for this to go in the for sale area....I need to get opinions from everyone..also if anyone is interested they were still looking for more people to participate...its on monday Jan [email protected] I think there is a earlier one too. single pays $150
with spouse $275...it will be in white plains ny...for more details call
Lou at914-428-2727
Phil K

·
Registered
706 Posts
FX problems:

Better insulation in door panels to prevent squeaky noise from internal styrofoam rubbing internal door panels

redesign of console storage compartment to eliminate the 1000 moving parts and all the rattles

eliminate plastic - on -metal issues with battery compartment and brake fluid compartments rubbing / slapping against metal framing under the hood

did anyone mention leather seats?

redesign of outside mirrors to eliminate camel-like storage of all water from washings

better drainage of top of rear hatch area (more slope) to eliminate 3 day drip period after washing

addition of auto up/down for rear windows

lighting for homelink buttons

·
Registered
220 Posts
I love my FX. But that doesn't mean I hate some things about it and wished they were different .. so some of these things are "Problems" and others are "desired features".

My List:

1. Seat Heaters are weak, weak, weak.

2. A/C always comes on with Auto button when no cold air is needed. (Winter)

3. Warm air blows out of vents in summer when all you want is fresh air without A/C, when outside temp is cool.

4. Rear vents blow cold air when heat is on (winter.)

5. Placement of clock / analog only. Put a digital clock in the nav screen, please.

6. Key Fob panic button should be smaller. I set that **** thing off twice a week.

7. FM Radio reception is weak. Need better antenna / diversity system.

8. I can't stand the ICC, but I imagine others like it. I should be able to disable it permanently without holding ON button for 5 seconds each time.

9. This car needs auto door locks at 5 mph.

10. Nav system needs work. Should be able to get proximity information, like "direct me to nearest gas station"

11. Auto/parking lights/headlight switch on stick was designed extremely poorly. Every time you turn on or off your lights at night, Auto turns on the lights, parking turns them off, then ON turns them on, blinking your headlights unnecessarily. Same goes for turning them off. Auto should be the LAST position.

12. Driving / running lights

13. Eliminate "I Agree" nag screen on starting car every f***ing time. (yes I know there's a mod)

14. Allow input of address on Nav screen while driving with passenger seat occupied. (yes, I know there's a mod.)

15. When in reverse, point mirrors down.

16. I don't have the classic "leather seat" problem, but I do wish the leather quality was better.

·
Registered
706 Posts
11. Auto/parking lights/headlight switch on stick was designed extremely poorly. Every time you turn on or off your lights at night, Auto turns on the lights, parking turns them off, then ON turns them on, blinking your headlights unnecessarily. Same goes for turning them off. Auto should be the LAST position.
Why not just use the "auto" position in this case as the "on" position thus avoiding the "blinking" of lights. My lights are off and I manually turn them off/on at night by just using AUTO.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm not enthralled with Auto .. first off, I like turning my lights on very early, at the hint of dusk. Even at the most sensitive setting, auto won't turn on as early as I want it to.

Second, and this may be absurd .. but it's cold where I live, we've been having weeks where the temp hasn't gone above 10. I really don't want my HIDs running for 3 (?) minutes after I turn off my car, sucking the battery dry .. I'd rather save that battery for tomorrow's -5 degree start, thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
duncantuna said:
I really don't want my HIDs running for 3 (?) minutes after I turn off my car, sucking the battery dry .. I'd rather save that battery for tomorrow's -5 degree start, thanks.
You can change the auto-off time to 30 seconds, i believe it is set at 45 stock

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
magician said:
didn't mean for this to go in the for sale area....I need to get opinions from everyone..also if anyone is interested they were still looking for more people to participate...its on monday Jan [email protected] I think there is a earlier one too. single pays $150
with spouse $275...it will be in white plains ny...for more details call
Lou at914-428-2727
Phil K
Too bad, I will be in northern Westchester this coming Wednesday thru Friday.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.