Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
they are technically 2 wire, but they are not standard actuators. They are integrated into the latch, and part of a cable system. Fitting aftermarket ones requires a special type or adapter, and a bit of skill.

·
Registered
28 Posts
OK, I took mine in to a mechanic who's trained on these cars, and he swapped out one of the locks, and it didn't fix the problem. His diagnostics indicated it was most likely the BCM. So I bought a new BCM and installed it, and now the car won't start. Everything seems to work like A/C. radio, seats. Car keeps turning over but not firing up. Does the new BCM need to be programmed somehow?

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
rem1957 said:
Does the new BCM need to be programmed somehow?
Usually does. Your transponder and intelligent key data is stored in it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
in which fuse box and where? plz ?

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
lock fuse?
drivers legs fusebox i lower row in the middle - look at photo a few post before.

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
Please re-read the topic and you will find the answer in Sirtrojans post a few above this one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well I broke down and bought a new passenger door lock/actuator assembly for around $200. I installed it last night - took about 2 hours. It's really not a bad fix, I think the only tools you need are a 10mm socket and a torx driver. Oh, and some duct tape to hold the window in place while re-assembling. Now all doors and liftgate are working properly. I would definitely recommend DIY on this over taking it to the stealership.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have been able to fix (yes fix) 3 of my door lock actuators... but that is a different story (someone else's thread that explains that if you break them open and pull out and discect the motor and replace the thermal resister with a bypass it will work)... the problem I am having is that my rear door hatch is not unlocking - it stopped working and then I unpluged the batter for an hour and then it worked... but now it is not unlocking (the power door closing mechanism is working) ... I also pulled and replaced the rear hatch fuse (as recommended above) and that unfortunately did not do the trick... is there any other thing I could do before pulling the rear actuator and trying to open it and fix the motor? any sort or relay that may have gone bad?

If not I guess I will pull the actuator assembly and hopefully fix it...

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
try to open the lock manually.
maybe it just stuck?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have done that and have pulled off the panel exposing the mechannism... just hoping that there is some sort of chance that it is an easier fix than ripping it apart... oh well I guess one of these days I am going to have to try to take it out and apart...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I finally took it out - took it apart - and put it back together - the mechanism seemed to be off by one tooth... and changed the rear door and BCM fuse and it works fine now???? very strange???

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
At least the fix wasn't too hard... but yeah, if the mechanism gets knocked off a bit, it will definitely be funky... glad you figured her out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I am having the same problem with my liftgate (04 FX35). Resetting (plug/unplug) the door fuse (15A) fixes it for now but i need a permanent solution to that. You mentioned that you took out the liftgate acutator and fixed it.

Can you please write down the procedure? I am a novice mechanic (can do simple stuff). I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replaced at 7 years

The actuator in my 03FX 35 had to be replaced after 7 years as I use the lift gate alot (like 2-4x everyday, kids sports, backpacks, instruments) and also had others regularly slamming it closed. Started acting up today. Wouldn't open, took it for a short drive then unlocked. Wuzzup?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello guys,

I used the search engine to source this problem, but unfortunately I cannot find anything that answers my question.

I have a 03/FX 35 , and I'm experiencing problems with my electronic locking system.
The front passenger side and the liftgate are not functioning properly.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This is really annoying.

It seems the lock itself works ok (I can hear a clicking sound when pressing the lock/unlock button on my FOB)
But the liftgate remains closed.. If I wait for 1 minute, and try again it does work.

Does anyone know how I can solve this? Maybe some W40? I'm not sure, so I better ask.. thanks in advance,..
HI- I have the same year/model and the identical problem... I made it worse by putting a layer of chux pads between gate lock and cargo floor area -now front passenger lock is working again but the back is stuck...
Will go at it with one person on inside and one outside seems like a crowbar is the only answer!!Kathy

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, I took mine in to a mechanic who's trained on these cars, and he swapped out one of the locks, and it didn't fix the problem. His diagnostics indicated it was most likely the BCM. So I bought a new BCM and installed it, and now the car won't start. Everything seems to work like A/C. radio, seats. Car keeps turning over but not firing up. Does the new BCM need to be programmed somehow?
Trust me. The probles is the actuator itself. Open it up and replace the motor. Not not a easy job but it will save you $250 or more each.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, recently i start looking for this problem and nobody seem to have the solution for it so i took the rear left passenger door actuator out and applied 12 volts and nothing happens. So next step was to open it up and i did , not easy but you can do it with care. Inside ,there is a small Mabushi motor that you can buy in Ebay $6 and replace it . There is others things involve and when i do the other ones i'll post some pics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I broke down and bought a new passenger door lock/actuator assembly for around $200. I installed it last night - took about 2 hours. It's really not a bad fix, I think the only tools you need are a 10mm socket and a torx driver. Oh, and some duct tape to hold the window in place while re-assembling. Now all doors and liftgate are working properly. I would definitely recommend DIY on this over taking it to the stealership.

Yes. I think that the tailgate lock work together with front passenger door. Tail gate lock is an easy fix if it go bad by itself . Just clean the brushes or replace them .

21 - 40 of 49 Posts