Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the dealer this morning to find out about the new intelligent key and they said that it's most likely not going to be interchangable with 04 intelligent key.

here are prices for few other parts:

Intelligent key:$ 115
Taillight: $250 a piece / $279 (diff dealer)
Headlight: $1133 / $1247 (diff dealer)

they said that since bumper, quaterpanels and other pieces are the same, the headlights and the taillights should be interchangable.

I'm dissapointed that we can't use the new 05 intelligent keys :(

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
shong43826 said:
I called the dealer this morning to find out about the new intelligent key and they said that it's most likely not going to be interchangable with 04 intelligent key.

I'm dissapointed that we can't use the new 05 intelligent keys :(
I think its wise to wait for a more definitive answer. Unless the transmitter/receiver circuitry has changed they should be interchangable. i.e. if the changes are cosmetic only it shouldn't matter.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes... true but just to be little more certain, I called second dealer and the tech there told me that they have diff part number and he said that in most cases where part number changes its not interchangable...

BUT I hope they are interchangable....

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
shong43826 said:
yes... true but just to be little more certain, I called second dealer and the tech there told me that they have diff part number and he said that in most cases where part number changes its not interchangable...

BUT I hope they are interchangable....
True but even a cosmetic change (any change) would require a different stock number.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
shong43826 said:
wow... even G35 has intelligent keys...
You sure? I haven't heard of a IntellikeyTech package on the G35. :?

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MustGoFastR said:
shong43826 said:
wow... even G35 has intelligent keys...
You sure? I haven't heard of a IntellikeyTech package on the G35. :?
I dont think the coupe has one but sedan is going to have inteli key.

Infiniti G35 Sedan

The 2005 G35 sedan continues with a number of significant enhancements for the new model year, including a restyled exterior, upgraded interior and additional horsepower.

The exterior features include a new hood and trunk, new front and rear bumpers, body-colored side sills, revised headlight lens and new dual circle taillights. The changes to the interior include a new, even higher quality look and feel with the use of real aluminum trim and new available Rosewood trim, along with a redesigned instrument panel and console area.

The G35 sedan’s standard 3.5-liter V6 engine now offers 280 hp and 270 ft-lb of torque, increases of 20 hp and 10 lb-ft of torque for automatic transmission equipped models. The G35 6MT model with close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission receives 38 additional horsepower to 298 hp.

Other changes include the addition of larger brake rotors and a revised Sport-Tuned Suspension Package (which now includes 18-inch wheels and tires and Viscous Limited-Slip Differential) and the addition of mp3 playback capability to the already standard 6-disc CD changer, manual tilt/telescoping steering wheel (with available power function) and available Infiniti Intelligent Key system.

Enhancements to the 2005 G35 Sedan include:

· Revised exterior, designed to convey sporty character and match vehicle’s dynamic performance
· New hood, trunk, front and rear bumpers, side sills
· Revised headlight lens and new dual circle taillights
· New exterior colors – Lakeshore Slate and Serengeti Sand
· Additional 20 horsepower (5AT), additional 38 horsepower (6MT)
· 18-inch wheels and Viscous Limited-Slip Differential on Sport-Tuned Suspension Package
· Larger diameter front and rear stabilizer bars
· Available Intelligent Key system
· New, high quality interior look and feel with
refined materials and textures, including real aluminum and available straight-grained Rosewood trim
· Redesigned instrument panel and console

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Wow; that's gonna be a nice sedan. If they're really giving the 6MT sedan 298 HP, it'll be faster than the coupe, 'cause it's lighter (unless something's changed in that dept.). :shock:

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I wonder what they are doing to the engine and if we can get it for our FX.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
We started to talk about this over 6 weeks ago here > http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1597 however this was during the time that our site was up & down a couple of times, so we continued to look over there > http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads ... o=&fpart=1 - If you search you'll find a few more also here & there / so far as of this date, still just speclulation as to how. Finding out would be beneficial, did fac. copy us (aftermarket) or do they have a few tricks of their own? This worthy talk should have its own thread, so why not pick up where we left off > http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1597 / if you wish to.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just talked with my dealer about the clear lenses and got a much higer quote. He said there were 5 pieces. The two on the hatch were around 300 each and the two on the car were around 100 each. So that's about 800. Expensive for clear lenses!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
you guys arent asking the dealer about the really important replacement part from the 05's............THE SEATS!

:D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
bradical said:
you guys arent asking the dealer about the really important replacement part from the 05's............THE SEATS!

:D
They should be replaced, free of charge.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Can't wait to get a more definitive answer on the new key. For only $115 I think it'd be worth it to buy one.

Post up guys if anybody hear's different about it being interchangeable.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I personally love the current iKey and its size. It's not THAT big :?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
ujmot said:
I personally love the current iKey and its size. It's not THAT big :?
Its the largest fob I've ever owned - by far (its the thickness I refer to, so if the new one is just as thick then I'll save the money). I can live with it, but a smaller (i.e. thinner) one would be nice. I too would buy one IF its compatible (doesn't hurt to have a spare - there are 5 drivers in our family).

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Usually, smaller fobs have keys attached to them... its certainly smaller and much tidier than my alarm fob and key for my BMW.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Per Piniti-FX, I responded in the other thread he cited in regards to the power performance changes in the 2005 G35s. I found some great
articles in my research of information for a friend of mine that will most likely purchase a 2005 G35:

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1597

Take a look.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts