Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you guys and gals tell if this FX has a sport package or not? The more I look at these pictures the more I can't tell if those are 18's or 20's. :)

Also, it's an '03 model with 17XXX miles on it. What would be a fair price for it, both with and without Technology package (I don't know if it has it or not, yet)? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
No Alum rails in '03. Hard to tell. Also can't see the door handle well enough to see if it has the tech unlock button (would automatically have sport if it does). You try asking the seller?

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
It's probably a 2003 FX35 with Sport package because of the 20" wheels. All the 2003 FXs (sport or non-sport) had black roof rails as an option. Brushed aluminum ones were introduced for 2004 35 Sport models and 45s.

·
Registered
325 Posts
It's 20" because it has 8 spokes. 18" has only 7 spokes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven't talked to the dealer yet, but I'm fixin' to go over there today to take a look at this car. It looks like it does have sport package (I thought so when I first saw it); then I guess the other two variables would be the Tech package (that I really want since it'll be my wife's car, and she's not very good about backing out of places [don't ask] :) ) and AWD/RWD (which I don't care one way or the other; here in Texas, AWD is a bit of an overkill). If I like this car and it does have Tech package, what would be a fair price to offer them? They are asking $33K for it. Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Golden Boy said:
Do your research on pricing first before you go see it.

$33k seems a bit high is it doesn't have a tech package.
Thanks, neighbor. I'm definitely not paying $33 for it, but I'm sure they will negotiate. I checked KBB and came up with ~$28-30K depending on options. Of course, from what I've seen, KBB's numbers are way off (especially on trade-ins), and if you ask a dealer the same amount for your trade, he'll just laugh in your face.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Aleko said:
Thanks, neighbor. I'm definitely not paying $33 for it, but I'm sure they will negotiate. I checked KBB and came up with ~$28-30K depending on options. Of course, from what I've seen, KBB's numbers are way off (especially on trade-ins), and if you ask a dealer the same amount for your trade, he'll just laugh in your face.
Ha! Yea, at this rate we will have to have a DFW get-together soon.

As far as pricing, KBB is only a good guide but I know they will listen to the dealer-favorable NADA. Also, have you checked at Sewell yet? They always have a few used or demo FXs and I know you can work them down on price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why not get a leftover 2004 FX with sport. It'll probably cost a couple of K more, if not less, expecially since there's the $1,500 dealer incentive still on till end of the month.

·
Registered
22 Posts
agree w/mozo.....
Just got mine for 38k (flat)..... 04 fx35 w/touring and tech package......

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mozman said:
Why not get a leftover 2004 FX with sport..
I'm not dead set on this particular car (actually, I looked at it today and am no longer interested in it at all), it was just one of the options my wife and I were considering.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts