Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(wasn't sure what section to post it in?)
Hey, I am planning on going to an exotic dealer auction and wanted to get FX35 2003. I was wondering how can you tell what packages the car has without turning on the key and possibly even getting into the car? Sport - I know the 20' wheels, but what else? Brushed metal rack you can get without sport package too. Pedals? Tech - GPS, but does it look different from a regular screen? What about premium package? I guess it comes standard, right? And do all FX come with xenon, if not, how can you tell without starting the car if it has one?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
All have Xenon. Sport: look for 20" wheels, but they may have been retro-fitted, so look for the Al pedals (again, may have been retro-fitted). Tech: look for little black buttons on front door handles (Tech in '03 included Sport, Premium, Nav, rear DVD, the works, so if it has Tech, it has everything. Only roof rack available in '03 was black, some cars have none. Hardest thing to tell on '03 FX35s is whether they are RWD or AWD. AWD has "AWD Lock" button next to VDC button in '03; RWD has a blank there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info, it really helps! And thanks for the explanation on AWD, I knew I forgot to mention something!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Or look under the car...if no rear stabilizer bar, it's RWD.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yea, I was going to mention that, but it's pretty tough to see, and though to my knowledge no one else has done it, the rear bar can be retrofitted as well, like I did, so best to look for the AWD Lock button. Even tougher in '04 as both AWD and RWD have "Snow Mode" button.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Correct. Read my post right above yours. They changed the feature in '04 to be "Snow Mode", but even RWD FXs have this in '04; it's a different function that starts you off in a higher gear on slippery roads. AWD lock locked the AWD at 50/50 (but only worked up to a certain MPH); guess they figured this was more of an off road feature that didn't really fit the FX, thus the change.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks,
I did not realize the relations between Snow Mode and AWD Lock from your previous post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts