Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new to the Infiniti world and would love to find more information on how to get some gains out of my 09 FX50S!

I see everyone with their signatures stating the mods that they have on their cars and Googling only can get me so far with the shorthand of the FX world.

A few of the things that I haven't been able to find further information about that caught my eye are the +2 mod, a $2 nav mod, and dropping in 2 K&N filters(why two)? I also keep seeing a bunch of info for STB mods for 35/45 but can't find anywhere that sells them for a 50? Is there a lot of difference between the other models?

As for exhaust, I'm looking for something that definitely sounds angry when you fire it up. I don't mind a highway drone. Suggestions?

Other than forced induction and exhaust, are there any other ways to get big power gains from the v8?

·
Registered
145 Posts
dropping in 2 K&N filters(why two)?
the fx (and g37, etc) have two intake tracts, so have two air filters.

the fx wasn't a particularly popular vehicle so mods are a bit few and far between. I don't know if there's more than a handful of forced induction fx50s even

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I can see there is a handful of mods, but I am not sure if they're for the 50. I don't quite know the exact differences between the models other than the AWD and engine size.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
The FX35 had lots of mods available as many were pulled from the G35 aftermarket parts suppliers. The FX45 didn't have very many mods available and I think the 50 probably suffers from the same small market vehicle problems as the 45. The 50 wasn't used in any other vehicles as far as I am aware. You probably aren't going to find much unless you are prepared to go very custom.

You may have more luck with suspension mods to customize your vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts