Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the difference in power very noticable between the two ???

Need Help deciding if the extra power is worth $7500 CDN and I have only driven the 35 so far, which seemed a little slugish to me (Not used to driving a suv I guess).

I will go out and test drive the 45 as well, but I just want a heads up on what to expect before I drive it.

Thanks guys/gals

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I had exactly the same quest. b4 and after I purchased my FX35, According to MT magazine, the FX35 runs 0-60 in 7.3 second vs 6.5 for the FX45.
After 2 times test drove the FX45 with no sales guy on passenger seat( thumps up) I couldn't tell the diff. in performance wise, for $7K and a neck snapping performance I'll get it but it just wasn't there...this is my everyday car so the V6 is perfect for me, I'm getting 20.5mpg.
Below is our 0-60 runs result.

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1442

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Simply said,you could mod the 35 all you want (shortof a blower) and the 45 still walks away.Now mod the 45 and you get even more.
One second in the quarter and 2tenths in the first 60 feet..serious difference.The question is ..what do you want?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
This one's been done to death; I'm staying out this time. :roll:

Ok, maybe just a little: I have a RWD '35 with under 1k in performance mods and am within .2-.3 sec 0-60 of the '45, get better gas milage and have several extra grand in my pocket to do with as I please. Sure, the '45 is still a bit faster, but like he said, it all depends on what you want and what you will be happy with.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
LeonPhelps said:
What about towing ??? Would the 45 be better for that considering it has more torque ?
Of course.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'm not sure about towing but when i have more than 1 passenger I see V6 doesn't pull/accelerating that hard any more, isn't this usual in Japanese made? If you love the torque you will be happier with German cars.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Must,that is only against a stock one on 0-60.Do not play on the street with one with even minor mods!

Given the performance diff,the power rating of one is under represented or the other is over.Even 2-3 tenths is watching his lights from the start!

But,we all make choices!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
brnjugfx45 said:
Must,that is only against a stock one on 0-60.Do not play on the street with one with even minor mods!

Given the performance diff,the power rating of one is under represented or the other is over.Even 2-3 tenths is watching his lights from the start!

But,we all make choices!
Yup, you are right; I should have specified against a stock '45. It should also be taken ionto consideration, however, one's desire to mod and the available options. There really isn't much available for the '45 and starting to mod from that price point drives you way up there. Whereas if you start with a '35 and strap on a Stillen SC, you'd be ahead of the Cayenne Turbo for anly about as much as you'd pay for a stock '45 (maybe a little more), but some people just aren't into modding that much. I'd have to say, that for the great majority, the type of people who buy the '45 aren't into modding at all (present company excluded, of course :wink: ). Again, you are absolutely right, it's all in what we want and what choice is best for us, so in the end, it's up to the individual to consider all the factors and decide.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Ah, then that could be a big factor for you. Bolt-ons are easily swapped back to stock and sold off; not sure I'd take the risk with a supercharger, though. Still, bolt-ons won't put you above the '45, so my advice is drive them both, weigh the costs and factors and go from there. If I could have afforded the '45 to begin with, I'd have gotten it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts