Infiniti FX Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Re: Post photos of your Midnight Mocha FX's here.

Yeah wait til you see it in person... :p

·
Registered
90 Posts

Well, to be honest I don't have kids but I imagine they could poop green from what my friends say. (Yeah, they tell me about their kids and I tell them how I spent 8hrs on Sat washing/waxing/detailing my car. Weird relationship we have.) Anyway, my point was I would have bought that car in the ugliest color in the world just to have an FX in my driveway!!

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts

johnmax said:
Yeah wait til you see it in person... :p
*making mental note: Reason #23,252,563 NOT to have children*

·
Premium Member
836 Posts

nice color and fx. I'm actually down in florida (destin) too, visiting an old friend.

some photos today. awesome weather. (sorry when off topic)

·
Registered
90 Posts

You must have brought the beautiful weather with you soonster because it has been raining cats and dogs for over two weeks now! Yesterday was the first pretty day in a LONG time it seems! Hope it stays pretty for the rest of your vacation!

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

Is it possible for the car to actually be "angry". That second photo has a "you had better wash me" look.

The good news is that the car drives well on the sport "summer" tires in snow (I opted not to get the "All Season"). That positive experience includes driving on fully covered and untreated roads that looked like my driveway in these images. Using the "Snow" option on the console, a light foot and some common sense proved quite acceptable. I could certainly see the significant stopping distance increase and ABS intervention on a few steep hills and the Traction control on some very steep climbs in my neighborhood. But the northern Kentucky hills near Cincinnati are nicely tamed on the highways. It is only in the neighborhoods like mine that have some bad grades. I figured if the car could get out of my neighborhood, it would do fine on any highway. Lane changes through the several inch piles of slush and ice that separate lanes proved to be very stable. Always something to be said for good ole' mass.

Other observations in real winter driving: Great defrost system on this car. Even with all the ice and snow buildup on the windows, zero fog issues on the glass. This is highlighted by my best friend's Jetta, which spends the the entire winter with sweaty, wet, fogged interior glass. If you enjoy city parking with the "all around view" camera, be prepared to give it up after driving in this crap. All four cameras get iced and salt sprayed. Those in-seat heaters: Oh so nice :)

Still loving this car, and it is the only car I own or drive.

·
Registered
90 Posts

I miss snow! Although the idiots in FL can't drive in the rain, it would probably be absolute chaos if it snowed. :roll:

Is it possible for the car to actually be "angry".
:lol: It was almost 60* the other day so I took advantage and washed my car. I am still sniffling but the car looks beautiful!

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

It was almost 60* the other day so I took advantage and washed my car. I am still sniffling but the car looks beautiful!
Too funny! I fly for Delta, and pass through Florida very regularly. It cracks me up when I land in Orlando, it's 48 degrees, and the ramp crew parking us is dressed up like they are about to scale Everest. But how I long for 60 degrees. It was 22 degrees at the time of this photo above and I actually washed the car before bringing it into the garage. I had my hose bib installed in the garage, so it and the hose don't freeze. A bucket of warm water from the sink saves my fingers. I don't try to dry it or go too crazy, just get the heavy crap and salt off. My neighbors think I am an absolute nut.

They would understand if they had a car they were passionate about :wink:

·
Registered
90 Posts

My neighbors think I am an absolute nut.

They would understand if they had a car they were passionate about
I completley agree! My neighbors give me funny looks as they drive by but I guess they have never parked their car where they could see it out the window all day either. :oops: I just have to remind myself that not everyone is lucky enough to own a car they love.

Floridians are pretty funny when the weather starts to turn cold. You see some of them all dressed up in the warmest coats and flip flops and if that isn't weird enough yesterday, I actually saw a man that had sweat pants on under his shorts! Couldn't believe my eyes! Crazy people :lol:

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

IMG_0143 by planemainiac, on Flickr

I still seem to be the only one representing this color:(

Still get countless complements on the car and "Wow - what's that color" questions. And still loving it without exception. Without a doubt, the most enjoyable ownership experience I have ever had for an automobile :)

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

Untitled by planemainiac, on Flickr

3 Years later and I still turn around to look as I leave it in the parking lot. Still love this car!
Then I turn back around to see the 100 yards in front of me to the store - still a little defensive in my parking.

But I still seem to be the only member posting Midnight Mocha shots. :(

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
notabadname said:
Then I turn back around to see the 100 yards in front of me to the store - still a little defensive in my parking.
:lol: I still do the same thing... although when I do, other cars tend to park around me anyways...

She's still looking clean and pretty!

·
Registered
640 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
codeggs said:
Figured i'd add to the fun on this subject since i can now...
Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing. Glad to not be alone in this color selection :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
notabadname said:
codeggs said:
Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing. Glad to not be alone in this color selection :)
My camera sucks compared to yours. What camera do you use?

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
codeggs said:
notabadname said:
codeggs said:
My camera sucks compared to yours. What camera do you use?
Thanks! On most of the pics, I'm using a Nikon DSLR, the D-300 and some descent lenses. And Photoshop for post tweaking.

The ones with dirty snow and later though were actually all with my iPhone. The "beauty" shots from earlier in the thread were with the Nikon.

·
Registered
640 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
61 - 80 of 92 Posts