Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Re: Post photos of your Midnight Mocha FX's here.

beautiful pictures! what kind of camera did you use?

picture #4 looks pretty sick with the reflection of the trees... kinda like the car's veins :evil:

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts

:thumbright:

Thar color looks awesome in the 2nd pic.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts

Fantastic pictures dude. Job well done. Amazing shots. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts

Wow, very nice pics! Almost erotic!
I'll be whipin' mine out soon... just gimme a few more days.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thank you very much everyone! The shots were taken with a Nikon D300 and a very good lens. I am a photographer, mostly amateur, but some pro work too (really a pilot by profession). I look forward to summer and taking the car to some cool backgrounds to get some "cover-shot" type images.

The color does look very black from many angles. In the 3rd image, you can see the purple-brown color up close. And from some angles, the car looks almost purple-black, and others purple-brown. It is quite the chameleon as you walk around it. In overcast/diffuse lighting, or close to sunset, it generally appears to be black.

As for the 4th pict, I love that angle. Some people don't like the front end of the new FX. While I love the 1st Gen also, I find the new treatment refreshingly menacing and aggressive. It looks all business to me and that image really hi-lights just how aggressive it looks. I had a new Audi A4 toying with me yesterday, and fortunately for his ego, I am still in my 1,200 mile break-in. I really wanted to show him just how menacing it can be :)

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts

I once owned a 1997 Honda Accord special edition that had a paint called Black Currant Pearl.....it was basically a dark plum that looked black in some lights. I loved the color, but hated keeping it clean. I swore I would never own a dark color car again, and that's why my FX is Diamond Graphite.

This color makes me want to get a dark color again. Absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
883 Posts

Those pics are fantastic! Nice job buddy

The backgrounds are Guassian blurred, yes? The reflections are a giveaway

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

GixxerSteve said:
I once owned a 1997 Honda Accord special edition that had a paint called Black Currant Pearl.....it was basically a dark plum that looked black in some lights. I loved the color, but hated keeping it clean. I swore I would never own a dark color car again, and that's why my FX is Diamond Graphite.

This color makes me want to get a dark color again. Absolutely beautiful.
+1 if there was ever a reason to get a dark color, the midnight mocha would be it. so nice....and i'm envious that you don't need front plates!

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

gto-dave said:
Those pics are fantastic! Nice job buddy

The backgrounds are Guassian blurred, yes? The reflections are a giveaway
Very observant. Some have a guassian blur on the background, while the front-on view only has an edge blur around the frame of the image, no other tweaks.

Kentucky, where I live, just south of Cincinnati, is great in not requiring front tags. It is also one of the few states that has no stickers for the windshield. State inspection receipts are required to register your plate each year. So if you have a current tag, with the annual colored sticker in its corner, it means you passed state inspection. What a common sense approach - and no junk on the front of your car.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts

notabadname said:
Kentucky, where I live, just south of Cincinnati, is great in not requiring front tags. It is also one of the few states that has no stickers for the windshield. State inspection receipts are required to register your plate each year. So if you have a current tag, with the annual colored sticker in its corner, it means you passed state inspection. What a common sense approach - and no junk on the front of your car.
Same here in Arizona -- no front plate, no window decals. Just a plate on the back with one year tab in the corner. If the DMV sent you the year tab, then for f*cks sake you obviously passed emissions testing. :roll:

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

GixxerSteve said:
Same here in Arizona -- no front plate, no window decals. Just a plate on the back with one year tab in the corner. If the DMV sent you the year tab, then for f*cks sake you obviously passed emissions testing. :roll:
So true! It is such simple common sense. I used to live in Maine, they love their stickers and front plates there too. They use a sticker there on the front window that can be seen from space. And the front plates drive me up a wall. They should end that program everywhere. For a couple of good reasons too:

It would cut the state's cost of producing plates in about half I would guess, and it's good for the environment since it reduces aerodynamic drag and saves gas. Plus it would use half the resources in metal for production. Oh, and they're ugly, and it is painful to drill and mount a bracket on the front of a $60,000 automobile.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

A new shot that shows off the beautifully sculpted sheet metal of the FX. I just love the play of light against all the curves of this vehicle. The diffused light of an overcast, rain-threatening sky, really shows off the depth of the finish. Really pretty reflections in this image. At least IMO, but I am rather biased :wink:

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts

wow looks friggin awesome in that shot! Looks like its lowered, especially inthe rear.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Thanks johnmax. I love how the reflections/highlights came out. It really shows that there isn't a flat surface on the whole car. Its curves are so fluid and flowing. Its suspension is unaltered as you would guess from my signature. It think the 21" rims make all the difference on this car, and really, visually, fill the well. I get the most compliments on the wheels. If anyone says anything, it would be in regards to the size, style and quality of the wheels. I've got some more shots to post, once I finish processing them, but I think this may be my all-time favorite right now. This shot also catches some of that purple color that can be seen in certain light. It is so dark, and black-like, that it just adds visual interest to me. But I know that some don't prefer the color-cast. The photos at the start of the thread show how black it can look from some angles too. I have received a lot of "ooh, what color is that" comments too. Probably second to the wheel comments.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts

Looks amazing in that picture! Nice and clean too... which reminds me that I need to clean up my FX... :p

1 - 20 of 92 Posts