Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone ,

I have always loved the FX's and I am currently looking at a 2005 FX45 with 178K with the owner asking for $5500 but is willing to go for $4950. Only issues are dash bubbling and front hood struts needing replacement and a headlight restoration. Other than that mechanically sound. Open to all input.

Thanks,

Ronald

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
You should see if the Recall back in 2005 was ever performed on the vehicle. I had mine in 2 months ago and they checked... Nope, Got brand new taillights and headlights free. Mine looks like brand new now !
I'd check to see if its using oil and how much, they all do. Even if it runs fine, there are many expensive things that could go wrong at any moment and parts sometimes aren't the easiest to get for these anymore... Pretty rough inside.... but its your money....

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Oil consumption would be my biggest concern as well. I know the price is not that high relative to new vehicles these days but it seems a bit high for that mileage. My FX35 has about 80K miles on it and is in pristine condition but I don't think I could get more than about $6,000 Cdn (that's about $5000 US) for it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oil consumption would be my biggest concern as well. I know the price is not that high relative to new vehicles these days but it seems a bit high for that mileage. My FX35 has about 80K miles on it and is in pristine condition but I don't think I could get more than about $6,000 Cdn (that's about $5000 US) for it.
Ya same here, I'm at 80 K, I have pristine seats and stock chrome wheels that are perfect. Mine has never seen snow and sits in FL most of the time. Its worth more to me to keep it as a 2nd vehicle vs what I could get for it. Uses just a nip of oil, maybe a qt in 6 months. Runs great and fun to drive...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Honestly, it looks pretty rough. I sold my '06 in nearly mint condition for ~$4K w/ about 195K miles on it, needing nothing - but I knew that it could at any moment. The (2nd) dash was just starting to crack on the edges. I'll post pics just so you know that there are good ones out there for a reasonable price - just maybe not right now. I searched for two years for the replacement for this FX.

Pass.JPG Outside.JPG Door.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly, it looks pretty rough. I sold my '06 in nearly mint condition for ~$4K w/ about 195K miles on it, needing nothing - but I knew that it could at any moment. The (2nd) dash was just starting to crack on the edges. I'll post pics just so you know that there are good ones out there for a reasonable price - just maybe not right now. I searched for two years for the replacement for this FX.

View attachment 20215 View attachment 20216 View attachment 20217
That is a good looking FX! That is what I am looking for. Thank you for the pics and information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts