Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those looking for the window up or autolock feature, I stumbled across this mod in the 350z forums

http://www.kptechnologies.net

The module lets you roll up the windows that have the Auto up/down capability and autolock the doors 5-6 seconds after the ignition is started. (Doesn't appear to have autounlock feature though)

I don't know if it's been used on an FX before and no I am not thinking about getting this mod. No autolock for me :D

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
MMMmmm....Interesting. I will be willing to give it a try. However this statement from the installation guide got me worried though.
ALTHOUGH THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN THOROUGHLY TESTED, K. PIERSON TECHNOLOGIES, LLC ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT BY THE INSTALLATION OF THIS PRODUCT. INSTALL AND USE THIS PRODUCT AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS PRODUCT.
They don't stand behind their product??

·
Registered
177 Posts
OOOOHHHHHH :D , I like this very much. Too bad I don't have any electronic skills. Someone please try this and let us know if this thing really work. I also need a professional installer...any recommendation in So. CAL? thanks

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
yang said:
They don't stand behind their product?
I'm sure they do, but they don't want to be sued into oblivion by some jackass looking to "get paid" 'cause he wasn't paying attention or something.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Don't need the windows, but I would definitely be interested in the autolocking feature. :)

-Andy

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, my name is Kevin Pierson. I'm the director of engineering for KPtechnologies. One of your members sent me an email and invited me here to discuss testing our window module on the FX35/45.

A few months ago we were contacted by an FX35 owner who supplied us with some basic information about the electrical system of the vehicle and it appears as if our module should work with no modifications. All we need now is a test vehicle and someone with a little electronics experiance, or, a copy of a few sections of the service manual (the power window module wiring guide and the door locking schematics).

If anyone is near Dayton, Ohio (Cbus, cincy, Indy) and would like to meet up to test the module I would be more then happy to set something up on a weekend.

Also, KPtechnologies is in the testing phase of a complete auto lock/unlock module that has the option of add-on RPM door locking ability. Basically, with the add-on, once you hit roughly 2,000 RPM the doors will lock and stay locked until you shut the car off. This module should be ready for sale in the next 6 weeks (MSRP $39.99 for auto lock module, $19.99 for assoiated relays (necesarry), and $29.99 for the RPM switch (optional). Without the RPM switch the doors will lock 6 seconds after the ignition is turned on, UNLESS the drivers door is open, in which case they won't lock at all (they will still unlock when you shut the vehicle off though).

Thank you,

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can make the parts of the service manual available to you. I will PM you with the location

People are also interested in the ability to close the sunroof when locking the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I was wondering if this will work for 03 fx35. Since on the site it lists 04 and on.

Jim

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't see why the 03s wouldn't work, if the 04s do. The main requirement is to be able to raise the windows by holding the key in the 'LOCK' position in the drivers door key cylinder. Only the windows that raise when you do this will be raised by our module. The Muranos BCM only allows the front two windows to raise, leaving the rear two down because the rear two do not have anti-pinch detection. I have no idea if the FX35s/45s have this ability. If one of you would kindly check and post back I would appreciate it.

If the rear windows do NOT raise up we have a solution that is a 'prototype.' Meaning, I've never actually installed one, I just believe it will work. The only drawback is that instead of needing one window module you will need three! One in the drivers door and one in EACH of the rear doors. This method will NOT provide anti-pinch capabilities so it would not be recomended for people with small kids. As on all of our modules though, once the remote roll up command is received you can cancel the command and stop ALL the windows instantly by pressing the 'LOCK' button again (either remotely or in the vehicle).

I'm downloading the necesarry parts of the service manual now! Hopefully by the end of the day I'll have all wire colors and locations and we can pick a tester or two (I already have one volunteer).

Thank you,

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Does your company ship overseas like to Taiwan.

Jim :twisted:

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
KPierson said:
once you hit roughly 2,000 RPM the doors will lock and stay locked until you shut the car off
Any chance this would re-lock the doors at 2000 RPM if you opened them?

·
Registered
748 Posts
KPierson said:
I don't see why the 03s wouldn't work, if the 04s do. The main requirement is to be able to raise the windows by holding the key in the 'LOCK' position in the drivers door key cylinder. Only the windows that raise when you do this will be raised by our module. The Muranos BCM only allows the front two windows to raise, leaving the rear two down because the rear two do not have anti-pinch detection. I have no idea if the FX35s/45s have this ability. If one of you would kindly check and post back I would appreciate it.

If the rear windows do NOT raise up we have a solution that is a 'prototype.' Meaning, I've never actually installed one, I just believe it will work. The only drawback is that instead of needing one window module you will need three! One in the drivers door and one in EACH of the rear doors. This method will NOT provide anti-pinch capabilities so it would not be recomended for people with small kids. As on all of our modules though, once the remote roll up command is received you can cancel the command and stop ALL the windows instantly by pressing the 'LOCK' button again (either remotely or in the vehicle).

I'm downloading the necesarry parts of the service manual now! Hopefully by the end of the day I'll have all wire colors and locations and we can pick a tester or two (I already have one volunteer).

Thank you,
On the 2004 FX35 non-Tech, only the front 2 windows go up when key held in the lock position and down when key is held on unlock position. They also go down when you hold the unlock button on the key remote. They do NOT go up of you hold the lock button on the remote.

-NJJ

·
Registered
51 Posts
NJ_Jackals said:
On the 2004 FX35 non-Tech, only the front 2 windows go up when key held in the lock position and down when key is held on unlock position. They also go down when you hold the unlock button on the key remote. They do NOT go up of you hold the lock button on the remote.

-NJJ
According to the service manual some vehicles have four window anti pinch and some only have two. The 'tech' package may be the deciding factor. On the G35 sedan its the 'premium' package that determines if the rear windows will work.

terps4 said:
Any chance this would re-lock the doors at 2000 RPM if you opened them?
As of right now the module is not set up that way. To do this, you would have to wire in all four doors door pin. Our current hardware is not capable of handling any extra inputs.

jimsbmw said:
Does your company ship overseas like to Taiwan.
We have shipped to Japan in the past with no issues. We typically try to arrange multiple unit purchases to minimize shipping costs, so if you no anyone else with a Nissan or Infiniti vehicle that would be best! (unless you don't mind paying the higher shipping cost yourself).

I got a chance to look over the service manual and pick all my necesarry wires out (thanks GTXJoe). The system looks fairly similar to the other Nissan/Infinitis that I've seen.

Thank you,

·
Registered
51 Posts
According to the service manual the FX35s that do NOT have the rear anti pinch system have the ability to control the rear windows from inside the drivers door. This means, with a couple of relays, it 'should' be possible to modify the wiring to allow ALL windows to raise via the key cylinder method. Once this modification has been made, it will be possible to raise ALL windows via the remote with the KPtechnologies window module.

The only downside I see to this right now is that the relays needed will HAVE to be 5vdc relays, which can be somewhat hard to come by (compared to a standard Bosch automotive relay).

Thank you,

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
KPierson said:
The only downside I see to this right now is that the relays needed will HAVE to be 5vdc relays
Can you go solid-state (MOSFETs, power transistors)?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Technically you could, but that would over complicate the installation. Basically, what I have planned, is to use the key cylinder 'LOCK' wire to trigger two relays. However, the key cylinder 'LOCK' wire is 5VDC at rest, and goes to ground when you turn the cylinder.

The contacts on the relays would then interupt the rear windows motor wires and apply 12vdc to the 'UP' side of the motor. With this setup, there won't be any real circuitry, so adding transistors would be more of a pain then its worth, in my opinion. I believe RadioShack sells 5vdc reed relays that could be used to drive 12VDC bosch relays. Also, KPtechnologies is producing a 5VDC relay pack in conjuction with our auto lock module.

If this idea works, we will go from needed 3 window modules $180 msrp) to needed one window module and one relay pack ($80msrp). All we need is to find a test vehicle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.